TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I went on a day that should have been perfect. 70 degrees out, car was running good...

Best of the day was 14.45. Problem was traction... Just couldn't get it to hook. I had great reaction times. worst was .27, best was .06 On the plus side... I was fairly consistent. 5 runs, best time was 14.45, worst was 14.57.

Anyway, I need to get a set of Drag Radials.. LOL more accurately, I need to get th money to BUY a set of drag radials!

·
Super Moderator
12,415 Posts

Anyway, I need to get a set of Drag Radials.. LOL more accurately, I need to get th money to BUY a set of drag radials!
lol Yea, I need some drag radials too.

Those are some decent times considering your traction issues. What tires are on the car now? A good set of street tires can hook pretty well too. Track prep has a lot to do with how well you hook too.

I went to Zmax back around the end of June, it was humid like a sauna, and nobody there that night was hooking worth a crap.

I'm looking forward to running the car again after the engine swap and all the other upgrades. Glad you made it out to the track and had a good time.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm using 255/50/16 Falken Ziex ZE-512's right now

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
Good times Traveler , cograts ! I think this is a new record for the GT correct?

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Well, I went on a day that should have been perfect. 70 degrees out, car was running good...

Best of the day was 14.45. Problem was traction... Just couldn't get it to hook. I had great reaction times. worst was .27, best was .06 On the plus side... I was fairly consistent. 5 runs, best time was 14.45, worst was 14.57.

post of the rest of the slip. 60' 330 1/8 mph etc.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
yeah difintly post the slip. And back when I was just a PI swaped car with just a tune I ran the exact same time. Congrats man. It is a good time. Get some tires and a stall converter and let her rip!

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Traveler, you'll have to come up here to roast some GTPs this spring at our club clash.

Sunday was a little cold. 27 ar 9am, but warmed up to 40 something by after noon.

We had 4 Birds (3 SCs and my N/A) vs. 10 GMs ( 2 Buick GSXs, a SSEI, and the rest GTPs).

We held on to the trophy with an all T-Bird final. Might have been an all T-Bird quarter if one of the SCs hadn't redlighted on the first elimination.

I finished second. I had a very consistent car. 2 17.058s, a 17.052, and a 17.000 that I had dialed in at 17.00. That was neat!!!!!

My reaction time on the final was twice that of the SC driver's, and that made up the difference between dial ins and actual run. I lost by .044

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, finally got better. reset the gap on the plugs, and roasted the tires before launching and got a 14.28. Of course the weather helped... it was in the 50's I believe.

The best ET of the night had the best 60ft time (naturally) with a 2.0819. It also had the worst reaction time. (.1214)

The best reaction time of the four runs of the night was a .0674. The other two runs were both .0xx. With ET's in the 14.3X Overall not a bad night.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts