TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Parts Guy
7,359 Posts
Everybody will probably have a different opinion on this. I'm a fan of the B&M plate style coolers. I'm running a 24,000 GVW one on my 94 LX and a 28,000 GVW one on my 90 XR7.

-Rod

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
You could go for the bling factor...

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Any large 1 1/2 thick plate cooler made by LONG. I like 8x11 Tru-Cool LPD..made by Long. Every one even on tow rigs has a cool return line after a long drive. Most oem coolers are made by Long. They have Low Pressure Drop. Lets oil bypass the lower fins at low temps. I used to like Hayden till they built a buncha leakers for Dodge. I installed a leaky Hayden on a Chevy truck about 8 yrs ago. Last time for Hayden for me. I'm sure they have fixed the problem but I can't forgive.

Bought a Bugpack branded engine oil cooler for $62.00 after tax last week to go on a Motorhome. Guess what? Made by Long and reboxed. Looks just like the biggest B&M cooler with 1/2 pipe fittings. Idling it got too hot to hold..infrared @ 160*. Drove down interstate and it cooled to 100*. I'm thinking the thermostat in the filter adapter said "whoa my oil cooler is too big!"

Look at your cooler before you install it and see if its a Long. Or look at the one under your brand new SuperDuty truck. Just might be my favorite brand :)

p.s. I'm nobody to dog a company but Hayden is a division of Four Seasons. Four Seasons cost me a bundle in freon and ac flush solvent because they rebuilt compressers that wouldn't make it out the door. Some would just leak like their tranny coolers. Once we started buying new ones from the dealer no more problems. Maybe I'm wrong in stating these facts. Seems many of you have Hayden coolers and they work great. Its kinda like having an ex who cheated on you...never go back :mad: except fan clutches since we don't have much choice except to buy Hayden.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts