TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for tips to have a very clean install on the xenon bodykit.. Id rather have no visable screws or anything.. any tips on how you guys did it?? 3M tape alone doesnt work to well for this area of the country.. lmk guys thx!

·
One And Only!
1,712 Posts
hey man
i had mine hot glued to the bumper
it will never come off :)
p.s show is the way to go;)

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
KrAzyT said:
looking for tips to have a very clean install on the xenon bodykit.. Id rather have no visable screws or anything.. any tips on how you guys did it?? 3M tape alone doesnt work to well for this area of the country.. lmk guys thx!
Make sure to clean the areas that are going to adhere very well, use wax & grease remove, the alcohol pads they recommend (it's basically just rubbing alcohol), and adhesive promotor. Make sure to get a good scuff with 80 grit on the xenon parts where the double stick tape sits. For the bumpers they might not fit just right, my 95 front was a little too small so the corners needed slits cut in them. If you don't want any screws, you could always use christmas trees or push rivets, and then paint over them. If you wanna go really strong, follow the same procedure for cleaning/prep for the 3m tape, but find a body suppy store and get some panel bonding epoxy, you can get crap that'll virtually permanently bond your panels on. In theory 3M tape is VERY strong, I've seen it, but personally I've had issues with it on my gfx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts