TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should i be trying to loosen the bolt, or the nut on the end? i'm trying to replace LCA and i got everthing else loose except that bolt. ARG!

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
On the front? You should be loosening the nut. You may be able to just tap the bolt out once the nut is removed. If you’re lucky like me, they'll be rusted in place and you'll end up beating on them with a hammer for 5-10 minutes a piece to get them out and have to buy replacements :) Also, you should mark how the camber washers are oriented before you remove them so you can get your alignment at least close after reassembly.

·
Registered
490 Posts
.....you should remove the nut and tap out the bolt....f.y.i. ...the bolt has a groove in it that lines up with a groove in the cams/washers...if things aren't lined up you'll never get the bolt out....look closely and you'll see what i mean....i found out the hard way when i did my l.c.a.'s..:D
Erik

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks! i just got a 21mm deep socket for the camber nut, so if all goes well i'll be riding on new control arms and strut rod bushings in a few hours.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
You might wanna try a 21mm standard socket. A deep well socket might slip when you put alot of pressure on it. Just a suggestion :)

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
man that thing was on there! i ended up having to put the jack under the socket wrench to get it to move. other than that it was cake! new bushings all around and new ball joints, yay!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MattsLE97 said:
You might wanna try a 21mm standard socket. A deep well socket might slip when you put alot of pressure on it. Just a suggestion :)
neither of them worked real well, the standard socket wouldn't fit over the bolt protruding from nut, and the deep socket wouldn't clear the tie rod, so i used standard on the bolt side and adjustable on nut side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts