TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys after the holidays I want be driving my bird very much till warm weather rolls back around is it best to put her on stands so that the tires want flat spot ? I already have her on a Automatic battery Maintainer to keep the battery alive

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Throw a few bars of soap inside to keep the rodents out

·
Super Moderator
11,929 Posts
Please! Guys! Were talking about a few months here not years!

Darren, If I were you I'd put some fuel stabilizer in the tank like Ken said, unhook the battery (the automatic battery maintainer is overkill IMO), stick her in the garage and call it a day... and you better not do this 'till AFTER you come to Rockingham for the Thanksgiving meet.

I went on deployment when I was in the military for SIX MONTHS and all I did was stick some fuel stablilzer in the tank - which was about half full, unhooked the battery and put a car cover on her. It started right up when I got back and the tires were fine. The only other things I did when I got back was to top the other half of the tank off with fresh gas and check the air in the tires.

You'll probably end up taking her out on one or two nice weekends over the winter anyway. I know you won't be able to resist. :D

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Joe This is the unit http://store.schumachermart.com/sem-1562a.html I got mine from AZ for about 25 something . Nice little thing.

Roger that Ron your right months not years . After the holidays is when she will be sitting for a time see ya the 29th :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Please! Guys! Were talking about a few months here not years!

Darren, If I were you I'd put some fuel stabilizer in the tank like Ken said, unhook the battery (the automatic battery maintainer is overkill IMO), stick her in the garage and call it a day... and you better not do this 'till AFTER you come to Rockingham for the Thanksgiving meet.

I went on deployment when I was in the military for SIX MONTHS and all I did was stick some fuel stablilzer in the tank - which was about half full, unhooked the battery and put a car cover on her. It started right up when I got back and the tires were fine. The only other things I did when I got back was to top the other half of the tank off with fresh gas and check the air in the tires.

You'll probably end up taking her out on one or two nice weekends over the winter anyway. I know you won't be able to resist. :D
Good advice!:) I have a car in the garage right now that might be there for a while. Like you said though, it's unlikely, if I see a decent day, it'll stay in the whole duration.

Is there anything special we should know about using Stabil? I've never used it. Maybe it's all self explanatory? If it's not, and there are any pointers, lemme know.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Angela I went to the Stabil web site and checked out the stuff the directions are pretty easy to understand ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts