TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now that i got your attention, has anyone ever used this

http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=518&catalogId=10101&langId=-1&storeId=10101

I cut off my 3rd cat and resonator and love the sound (most of the time), but I need to have a Y pipe put in. Could I use this for after the Y pipe so that i can change it betweent going out the mufflers to having it dump right after the Y pipe.

Also, would it increase HP and gas mileage if i switched it at higher speeds to dump? I know I've lost Hp because I don't have any backpressure right now.

Suggestions, comments, theories....everything welcomed. Thanks

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
my friend has that on a mustang....its pretty loud once open....but yes...torque would be lost if opened at low RPMs

·
Registered
456 Posts
A fellow Mark VIII buddy of mine has "caps", not the solonoid version. He slides underneath, and un-caps the exhaust when he feels like being loud, or when drag racing. He reports no noticable loss of bottom end torque. Of course, he and I have such a horrid time hooking up on the drag strip, any loss of bottom end torque would probably help him a bit(keep the tires from breaking loose).

I have exchanged emails with another Mark VIII owner who runs one of those solonoids, and he DID in fact notice his "off the line" power had dropped. Its a price to pay to have open exhaust. I personally dont like the sound of exhaust that is opened up front. Not enough scavenging to eliminate the raspy sound of an old beater.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks that's what i wanted to know. Does anyone know where I can get one that I won't have a problem like that (exhaust leak)? Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts