TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a better front suspension we can put in these cars???

I installed Ureathane bushings in new upper control arms less than 2 years ago. More like one year. They are worn out already!!!!!

These are bushings from MN12 Performance. I didn't want to cut corners on the upgrade.

I have thought of aluminum bushings, but have been told I'll be transferring the shock to the rest of the car and will soon be replacinging the body mounts, etc.

I'm looking for a more rugged front suspension. I have a driveway that puts most proving grounds to shame. Is there anything?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I have a hard time believing urethane bushings wore out after 1 year...did you grease them? There really aren't any other options, other than the stock rubber bushings.

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mercutio,

Yep, there was two of us working on this and we double checked each other's work.

I can't believe there isn't an alternative out there to this front suspension. I see where other cars have gotten modified Mustang II suspension.

I may get mad enough just to throw the whole damn car on a frame and then go with an off road design for the front end.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts