TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has this been posted here yet? I just saw it on Jalopnik.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AAtkoje4-eM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Disappearing Car Doors: A Revolutionary Concept in Car Technology & Design
Ford invited us to Ghia Coachworks in Italy where we incorporated our Retractable Door on an Explorer Prototype, which was later displayed at the Ford Design Center in Dearborn, Michigan. As a result Ford suggested we retrofit Lincoln Mark VIII’s with optional extended versions of our Retractable Doors to demonstrate the tremendous improvement in passenger access to the rear seats. These fully roadworthy vehicles are seen on our website in the video and in photos.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
It has, but it's still freakin cool.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Pay attention to the videos. The downside of this system, besides poor ground clearance, is that there isn't much in the way of an interior door panel (it's a flap).
-g

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Those threads didn't come up when I searched for sliding door. I also tried retractable. No matter. I figured it was too old to have not been posted by now.

Hm. I just realized that without this very post, a search for "sliding" wouldn't trigger this thread, either.:rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts