TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy sells Mark VIII parts and is not shipping them. Lots of people have been scamed by this guy. Just thought I would let you know incase you see his listings on ebay.

Seller: the518boxman

·
Registered
11 Posts
thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
thanks a bunch for the heads up

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Thanks for the heads up..... too late for me though (maybe) :bawling:

I've been out of town for a while and haven't been home yet (made a detour to work, during the drive back.... :( )

I'm hoping I have a box on my front porch from him when I get home. I paid for the item 02 Oct.

I'll post the outcome, one way or the other.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah you can't leave him negative feedback. I spoke to ebay today and they told me that they have recieved several complaints about him in the past few weeks.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Well I didn't have a box waitng for me. :bawling:

I emailed him and I'll give him till the end of the week. If I haven't heard from him or received the box by then, I'll go through eBay and PayPal for a refund (hopefully).

94ONAIR: Did eBay say how can you not leave him negative feedback?

Edit:
He replied within an hour of my email:

the518boxman said:
Dear blwn82gt,

Donald, Yes it shipped once and just came back to me..I had put the wrong
address on it. It had to be re-shipped witch I just did and It will be
there very soon. Im very sorry about that, I lost my head and somehow
messed up address. Again im very sorry, I dont usually make those mistakes!

-the518boxman
As I said, I'll keep everyone posted, but at least I got a quick reply.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
i hate people like that. thieves all they are and the ones on ebay are sissy thieves they sit behind a pc for protection.

·
Registered
275 Posts
i'm waiting on stuff in the mail. But hes a chapter director on here... soooo he would have to be F****** R******* to try something like that. I dont get why anyone would be such a coward like that tho.

Get a tracking number, every day you dont have it, you have every right to assume he didn't ship it

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
I never received the item.

He replied to emails quickly, but on 10 Nov 08 I asked for a refund and heard nothing.

I ended up opening a PayPal claim and he refunded the money the same day.

He offered to send another timing cover and let me pay for it when it arrived. So it sounds like he’s on the up and up. I did tell him that if the original one shows up, I’ll send him the original payment.

This is one of those times where I can’t say one way or the other. His emails were clear, concise, polite and in a timely manner. But by using USPS, there just isn’t a way to know if he actually shipped the item or not. And items do get lost in the mail (although I have always had real good luck with USPS).

So again, I just don’t know. I would recommend that if anyone buys from him to have the item shipped via UPS or something that has a good tracking system.

I just thought I would let everyone know what the outcome was. I have no item, but I have my money back, so I consider it a done deal that just fell through. Hopefully he won't be out the money and one of us will receive the item.

·
Super Moderator
11,859 Posts
USPS does provide tracking numbers. So, yes there is a way to know if he actually shipped the item or not. Always request a tracking number.

There's no way I'd wait a month or more for an item that was supposedly shipped before filing a claim. Just my .02

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
USPS does provide tracking numbers. So, yes there is a way to know if he actually shipped the item or not. Always request a tracking number.
USPS only offers a tracking number if you request it. It is not automatic and costs more unless you are shipping via priority mail. So since I did not request a tracking number when he shipped it, I can't very well expect him to provide one.

Keep in mind that this was a total of $30 for the item and shipping, so it wasn't that big of a deal. Now had it been something more expensive, I would have definitely requested one. :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
11,859 Posts
I understand. Glad you got your money back and it all worked out even though you didn't get the part.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
USPS only offers a tracking number if you request it. It is not automatic and costs more unless you are shipping via priority mail. So since I did not request a tracking number when he shipped it, I can't very well expect him to provide one.

Keep in mind that this was a total of $30 for the item and shipping, so it wasn't that big of a deal. Now had it been something more expensive, I would have definitely requested one. :thumbsup:
Certified mail can be bought on anything and it's not that costly. It means what it says, "certified" that it's been mailed.

Another advantage to USPS is their fraud investigators have been at it a whole lot longer than PayPals. If it's sent through the mails - or paid for with a USPS money order - it qualifies as mail fraud.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts