TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a set of BFG DR's on the car and noticed that the tire shop mounted them backwards. On the side wall it says mount this side in, and that is facing out. I am going to take it back and get them mounted correctly.
My question is why does it matter which side is mounted in? If I swap them left to right, they would turn the opposite direction, but they would still be mounted backwards. I don't think that they are directional tires. Is there something in the constuction that would necessitate them to be mounted a certain way?
Also, what pressure is everyone running for street and strip? I am at about 27-28 psi now, but I don't want to play too much untill I get the tires swapped around.
Thanks.

Scott

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
They'd have to be directional, only reason why it'd say that. and I run much lower at the strip than 27. It's been a while but i do remember it being lower than 23 at the strip. On the street, what you're at now is fine.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got them swapped around today. They have an asymmetrical tread pattern on them, not directional.
Thanks for the pressure info. They seem to do alright on the street at 27-28 psi. I will lower them down a bit at the track when I make it there.

Scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts