TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone on here runnin BFG Scorcher TA's? I just bought a set and was just curious as to how they are overall? Do they hook up good? Any wheel hop? Any info is appriciated. Thanks

Jay

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Ron DiPaola over on SCCoA has had them for a few years on his SC. They were one of the only choices in 245-50-17 when he was buying tires then. I believe he's been pretty happy with them, other than the ghey blue stripe in the tread. ;) All-black ones weren't available back then.

cheers,
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

·
Registered
575 Posts
i've owned a set, and they suck ***. as for the 245/50-17 being the only available option, spend the extra cash and get the michelin pilot sport a/s's.....scorchers are 'pseudo' performance tires, they are made to look cool and liek they handle well, when in reality, they suck. they are cheap for a reason.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Dunlop SP9000s are good. Eagle F1's are awesome. Potenze S-03 or whatever it is now. Potenze RE750.

A dedicated summer tires (UHP or MAX performance) is going ot outperform anything under it.

Really depends on how much you want to spend. And what size you are trying to find. Tbirds have some crappy sizes in my opinoin (to retain stock height)

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
An 18" wheel really makes it easier to retain stock height. That was really the sole purpose for putting 18's in the back of my car, I already put 4.10's in and didn't feel the need to get more gear reduction effect from the tires. I am running the F1's and love them. If you don't have gears in your car, you might as well get a shorter tire, your speedo won't be that far off and the gear reduction effect won't hurt you at all. I have heard lots of good things about the Potenza S-03 Pole Positions. I believe Bridgestone makes that and the RE750 that was mentioned and the S-03 is the superior tire of those two.

If you don't want to spend that must though, seriously, a shorter tire won't hurt you and looking at 45 sereis tires will expand your horizons emensely.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
4 Cam Bird said:
An 18" wheel really makes it easier to retain stock height. That was really the sole purpose for putting 18's in the back of my car, I already put 4.10's in and didn't feel the need to get more gear reduction effect from the tires. I am running the F1's and love them. If you don't have gears in your car, you might as well get a shorter tire, your speedo won't be that far off and the gear reduction effect won't hurt you at all. I have heard lots of good things about the Potenza S-03 Pole Positions. I believe Bridgestone makes that and the RE750 that was mentioned and the S-03 is the superior tire of those two.

If you don't want to spend that must though, seriously, a shorter tire won't hurt you and looking at 45 sereis tires will expand your horizons emensely.
Yeah, i ran a 215/65/15 last year. Bit shorter, speedo was off 2 mph at 60. Not a big deal. And i did that to get the tire i wanted.

I will be running a 225/60/16 on 16" sport wheels this summer wrapped in RE750s.

Yeah, I was going to put 18s on the rear to get what I wanted for a tire size. But i'm going to hold off on the staggered rims for awhile.

I want to see how well I'll hook up with the LSD.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts