TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think... im in dire need of new tires and these are the best all weather tires and most expensive tires i can afford right now at 92.99 a piece..

also what size should i get? i was looking at the 215-55-15's they had on display but i was thinking maybe.. 225-235x55-60x15.. what do you think? ill try n find a pic of them..

·
Super Moderator
12,417 Posts
I like the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's in a 235/60/15 that's what I had on my car before I switched to the 18" rims. You should be able to find those for about the same price. I think mine were about $390 or $400 for the set out the door.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zack I am very well pleased with my T/As. Nice price as well. www.Tirerack.com had a good deal on them . Just my 2 cents
thanks for the quick reply darren :thumbsup: but do you have the radial T/a's or just the regular T/A's? (different tread pattern)

these are the ones im looking at.. and im geting them from work (tire kingdom..) so i dont think they'd appreciate me saying "yea i got these babies off tirerack.com!"

lookie lookie!

·
Super Moderator
10,904 Posts
I have the traction T/As, and I love 'em.

It looks like I'm going to get about 36k miles out of them; not bad for AA traction.

:D

I've got the 235/60VR15s on the stock 21 spoke rims.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the traction T/As, and I love 'em.

It looks like I'm going to get about 36k miles out of them; not bad for AA traction.

:D

I've got the 235/60VR15s on the stock 21 spoke rims.
how decent are they in the rain?.. i paid close to 1K for the "high performance" tires i have now and they dont do **** for rain..

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Dude, those are great tires! Classic muscle car rubber. I was going to get a set but opted to get Dunlop Qualifier GT's instead since the Radial TA's weren't in stock in the size I wanted. I've had great luck with the Dunlops; good in all weather!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Ive had t/a's for the past two years, looking to order my second set next week. They handle great, tread water great, and even had great luck with them in the snow.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm running 245/60/15 and so far I like them a lot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought a set of BFG Traction ta's for my bird. I went with the 235/60/16 size for my 3.8L 1989, but the guy doing my tires had his '92 5.0L there getting 235/60/15's Radial ta's on his stock rims. Both are good sizes. I like the Tractions for their stealth factor. The white lettered Radials scream "race me!" everywhere you go. It's been a dry summer so far, so I can't tell you about the rain, but I like these tires a lot.

Good luck.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
I had BFG Traction T/A in the stock 225/60R16 size on my TBird. My biggest beef with them was no mileage with them. They had maybe 30,000 miles on them. They were not a bad tire( traction wise ) when my TBird had the 4.6L in it but the 5.0L over powered them easily. I currently run Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position tires. I hate to say it but these Bridgestones are the best tire I have ever owned. These tires out grip the BFG Traction T/As easily, they are a quiet tire compared to the BFG and so far appear to have a better tread life. The downside, they are quite pricey.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had BFG Traction T/A in the stock 225/60R16 size on my TBird. My biggest beef with them was no mileage with them. They had maybe 30,000 miles on them. They were not a bad tire( traction wise ) when my TBird had the 4.6L in it but the 5.0L over powered them easily. I currently run Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position tires. I hate to say it but these Bridgestones are the best tire I have ever owned. These tires out grip the BFG Traction T/As easily, they are a quiet tire compared to the BFG and so far appear to have a better tread life. The downside, they are quite pricey.
how much did you pay for them? i work at tire kingdom so i get a discount.. amybe i can get them cheaper if i dont have to special order them... =/

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
how much did you pay for them? i work at tire kingdom so i get a discount.. amybe i can get them cheaper if i dont have to special order them... =/
The size I went with( 225/55R16-Front $133.00 each @ TireRack and 245/50R16-Rear $154.00 each @ Tire rack ). Stock 225/60/16 $124.00 @ Tirerack, 215/60R15 is $87.00 @ Tirerack. That is the closest size this tire is made in that is around what you are looking for. The BFG Traction T/A in that size is $76.00.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Save your money for now & just get round, black and holds air-style tires....Especially with some of the earlier posts you had made...Just lookin' out for 'ya Bro....

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
aye well now that i have a job its a little easier to afford to take care of this money-pit.. and my right rear... the belt is showing... i think i need new tires :tongue:

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
I was going to have BFG Traction T/As (225/60/15) installed but the dealership gave me V rated g-Force Sports for no extra cost. I must say, they are awesome. My Tbird has the standard suspension. Those tires make that car handle just as good as a stock '96 Mustang.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts