Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my new motor.

Here are some pics durring the build.

Modular Performance Big Bore 305cc
Fox Lake StageII Heads
Comp Cam 2600's
Ceramic and Teflon coated pistons
complete list mods in my sig.

Ill post more pics tomorrow. Break-in day will most likely be on Tuesday!!!

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Nice dude....VERY nice. :D

Feel free to lose that around my house.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
guitar maestro said:
dude they stole half of your valves, springs, and cams....and they welded shut 1 int/1 exh port on each combustion chamber on the heads!! :D

i would have gone 4V on a beast like that :)

looks awesome though!
He probably wants to keep his AED blower ;)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
guitar maestro said:
dude they stole half of your valves, springs, and cams....and they welded shut 1 int/1 exh port on each combustion chamber on the heads!! :D

i would have gone 4V on a beast like that :)

looks awesome though!
yeaaaah I admit it.. 4v is king (that's why I wish the Aviators were out when I bought my suv) :)

to much dinero and work to convert to 4v at this time of my life... (the amount of money I spent in shipping to and back from the States I could have paid a good chunk of the convertion) Yes I could have found some cheap heads, intake etc... but once you PnP 4v heads and buy all the extra hardware it gets expensive.

MP built my short block and CR for optimal performance for my future AED 2300ax @ 16pnds and a shot of 100hp. Should be enough oomph to travel back to 1955 and visit the doc. :D

For now she will be tamed with the m90 while my drive train receives the next attentions.

I've been through so much I just want a reliable running motor for now!!!

But I am very excited... I thought this day would never come true.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Wow....I hope it works this time.

Chris

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
That's really nice,and should be a reliable and Fast runner. :) Must be nice to have some disposable cash :( . I don't like you anymore.:rolleyes: Teasing! Good luck with your build!! and enjoy!!!!!!!:)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys...

to be quite honest I dont know how much the SB was... I just got the LB price.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
all that money, and they couldn't replace the water pump nipple?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jamesD said:
all that money, and they couldn't replace the water pump nipple?
they left it for sentimental value ;)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LB complete pics..

·
Registered
76 Posts
Crank

The write-up says you got a Cobra crank, but the photo of the engine from the back shows a six bolt flex plate (and crank) so the crank in that engine is not a Cobra crank. Not a big deal, just the photos don't line up with the write-up.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fastford351 said:
The write-up says you got a Cobra crank, but the photo of the engine from the back shows a six bolt flex plate (and crank) so the crank in that engine is not a Cobra crank. Not a big deal, just the photos don't line up with the write-up.
Your absolutly right... its a GT crank. Thanks

Is there a difference from a GT crank to an Explorer crank?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
fastford351 said:
Explorer and GT crank are the same piece...
Im actually glad to hear that. I thought I had a heavier crank. In the back of my mind I always said damb I wish I would have kept a stock crank so it would spin quicker.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Apparently you are aware that it is like 7lbs lighter then the Cobra crank then? Dont quote me on the difference...it may be 12 or 17 but I think it is only 7. That would make a difference though.

Chris

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
seawalkersee said:
Apparently you are aware that it is like 7lbs lighter then the Cobra crank then? Dont quote me on the difference...it may be 12 or 17 but I think it is only 7. That would make a difference though.

Chris
weeeeew... glad I didnt get that cobra crank... this stock crank will handle anything ill be able to throw at it... correct me if im wrong but its good for a solid 700hp or so.

·
Registered
680 Posts
600hp at the crank, and then with a blower you have different torsional loads.

So for example if you have 400 rwhp, you add back say 20% for drivetrain loss, and 150 hp to spin the blower, your up to about 650 crank hp.

Of course you may not be making that much at the rear wheels, and their could be some variance in how much is robbed by the blower and driveline based on fluid temps, etc.

If modular performance wasn't worried about it for your power level, then you should be fine.

The only cast crank I've seen failed ran out of oil at high rpm. I've also seen a forged crank snapped right near the oil pump near the front of the motor, but that is very very rare (alot of power, and must have had alot of side load / torsional vibration on the crank pulley)

1 - 20 of 68 Posts