TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's about 5:00 an I see this guy in an old school VW bug geting it pushed down the road to try to jump start it. After about one hour he finally gets a jump start. I start making comments to my co workers about how his battery was probably giving him warning signals before it died and how he ignored them.

After about 2 hours I head out to the parking to see my car with the parking lights on. WTF??? I start thinking of that guy in the bettle. Anyway, I run to the car turn the lights off and it starts effortlesly like nothing was left on. I thought the battery would struggle.

Either some wise guy turned my parking lights on this afternoon or they were on since last night. I did not notice if the lights were on when I drove to work this morning. I am thinking I have the battery from hell.

Props to Ford engineers for specing out that big battery for our cars! It's going on the charger when I get home.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I have a Diehard Gold in my car, and It's been through some drain before and it never failed to start my car. My Dad put Diehard batteries in all of our cars.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Either I've still got the original battery, or it was replaced with another Motorcraft. I think it will only have Motorcraft as long as I own the car!

·
Registered
134 Posts
wm_sorg said:
Either some wise guy turned my parking lights on this afternoon or they were on since last night. I did not notice if the lights were on when I drove to work this morning. I am thinking I have the battery from hell.
I thought that our cars would shut off any lights that were on for 45 minutes with the car off? I know mine does.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure it will do that. The car was parked for over eight hours and the parking lights were on when I went go grab a bite to eat.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Serio, Do you have autolamp or a system like that? Will your headlights turn off after 45 minutes? Interior lights also? I thought the automatically turn the lights off thing only applied to the Dome light, when you turned it on with the dimmer wheel.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I don't have autolamp. I don't know if the headlights will turn off after 45 minutes, never left them on that long. Hmm.. Now that you mention it, I've only noticed the interior lights to do that, both with the wheel turned on or with the door open. Maybe that 45 minute deal is just for the interior lights?

·
Registered
329 Posts
ge a red tp optima half the weigth and same or more CCA's.i left my car with the lights on 5 hours came back and started up like nothing.

since then i better started to use the autolamp.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
i left the parking lights on in my car overnight once too. started right up the next moring. i think the parking lights arent to big of a draw on the battery. if it was the headlights it would have probably been a different story.

Frank

1 - 11 of 11 Posts