TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. So since this is my first bike and I am over 25, was looking for insurance and Progressive is my best choice. I got two different quotes. One without collision and the other with collision. Here is a break down:

Drivers: ME

Policy Coverages

Bodily Injury & Property Damage: $25,000 person/$50,000 accident/$25,000 property damage

Uninsured/ Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury: No coverage

Personal Injury Protection: No coverage

Medical Payments: No coverage

Transport Trailer: No coverage

Vehicle Coverages for 2008 Kawasaki Ex650 :

Comprehensive: $1,000 deductible

Collision: No coverage

Uninsured/ Underinsured Motorist Property Damage: No coverage

Roadside Assistance: No coverage

Accessory coverage: $1 - $3,000

Now, if I get collision, this is how it would change:

Drivers:

Policy Coverages

Bodily Injury & Property Damage:$100,000 person/$300,000 accident/$50,000 property damage

Uninsured/ Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury:No coverage

Personal Injury Protection:No coverage

Medical Payments:No coverage

Transport Trailer:No coverage

Vehicle Coverages for 2008 Kawasaki Ex650r :

Comprehensive:$1,000 deductible

Collision:$1,000 deductible

Uninsured/ Underinsured Motorist Property Damage:No coverage

Roadside Assistance: No coverage

Accessory coverage: $1 - $3,000

I really do not know what to do. Many people tell me to not get collision that's not worth it. What do you guys have on your insurance?? And what do you suggest?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
When I had a bike I just had liability on it, because my feeling was that I paid cash for it, and it was just a toy. And if you can't afford to lose a toy, then you really can't afford that toy.

·
Registered
410 Posts
It's not if you paid cash for the bike or not. It's what is gonna happen if someone pulls out in front of me and I'm seriously injured. To add insult to injury, they have no insurance. Without uninsured/underinsured coverage your stuck using your health insurance to recouperate. God forbid you dont have health insurance. You can almost bet that if you're involved in a crash on a bike you will be injured. I went with the high coverages on my bike. 300,000/500,000 and all the same for the uninsured policy. It doesnt take much to get to 25,000 in medical bills if your hurt. Heck, the ambulance ride is close to 800.00. If the air lift you I wouldnt even begin to imagine the bill. Pay the extra every month because as they say, there are 2 types of motorcycle riders..........those that have gone down and those that will.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
True that. I sold it after I got hit by a car that "didn't see me" and passed me at an intersection. Too dangerous for a nervous type like myself.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I have Progressive. $125/yr isn't bad. Motorcycle was like a personal birthday gift to myself. Paid $1700 cash for it. Have had some accidents, but I figured with comprehensive I'd spend a lot of money, have a deductible that's more than the bike is worth. I'll just stick to liability. You're not required for insurance here, but I have it since I still don't have my endorsement. I don't wanna pay cash if I hit someone, and also have the uninsured/underinsured, while low, is still better than nothing. I told them I took the class, because I was going to. They never checked on it from me.

Again, it's a fun toy, and a DD during the few months I get to ride it. Nice with gas prices the way they are. Some buddies and I rode bikes yesterday, it may get to where I have to ride it instead. I'm moving half-way between where we live now and work. Mom works a few blocks away from me. One mile to work isn't bad now anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts