TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I know that he drives a Dodge now, but to me he is still a Thunderbird driving country boy from my hometown. :D
I received a flyer from Senator Chip Pearson in the mail today. In this flyer, he points out some of the things that the Georgia Legislature accomplished this year. On the last page was this:

Elliott Family
On March 17, the General Assembly played host to the Elliott family of Dawsonville, recognizing them for their outstanding accomplishments in the sport of racing and officially naming them "Georgia's First Family of Nascar". Bill Elliott's racing career has spanned decades and included two Daytona 500 victories, the first win of the Winston million, the Daytona Speed record, and the world land speed record set at Talladega. He has been selected Most Popular Driver an unprecedented 16 times, Georgia Professional Athlete of the Year twice, National Motorsports Driver of the Year 14 times, and in 1998, was inducted in the Georgia Sports Hall of Fame. We also officially designated October 8 as Bill Elliott Day in Georgia. We felt this was a fitting and proper way to recognize this outstanding Georgian.

I just thought that was interesting enough to share with you guys.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
thats pretty cool stuff. they have a bill elliot mcdonals here that is pretty neat. they have one of his wrecks cars hangin up. they had another car with the hood up and there was still coolant in it. they locked the hood shut now though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts