TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I read up on everyone buying the $90-150 ford billet fuel door for the mustang, and cutting, and hammering, and never being able to go back... and started thinking... there must be a better way...:rolleyes: I am not cutting or hammering any metal to mount a fuel door.

THERE IS! :eek:

Autozone happens to sell a billet fuel door kit for the 97 f-150... its made by Bully... it came to a total of like $42 with tax

It took all of about 35 minutes to install because I took it all apart trying to find an easy way to mount it.

Basically you just have to mount it so that it opens the opposite way from how the factory door opens... so upside down... and drill one hole... two if you want... I chose one..

And best of all... it isn't permanent I can easily take it apart and put all of the factory stuff back on without gaps, or cut out chunks and stuff like that... although I probably wont take it off.

If I had to do it again I could probably accomplish it in about 15 minutes maybe even less if I had a charged drill and a sharpie.

I'll try and post pictures soon. I like how it looks... and really that's all that matters.

Just an option for all of you...

Also the instructions are pointless... just be smarter than the part you are trying to install.... which shouldn't be hard because its an inanimate object

P. S. I am not responsible for any modification you screw up... yada yada... legal stuff.... yada yada...

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
oOo.. would prolly look good with my paint... but i would miss my automatic. and would have to find a way to make it work....

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
That is good news. I'm anxious to see it.

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
Backwards from factory? So it opens toward the rear...does it try to open when driving at high speeds?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
i htink the ones from bully are locking, correct me if i'm wrong... but i would still like the conveinence of being able to open it with my auto popper thingie...

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I've been thinking. How much more "convenient" could an "auto popper thingie" be? I mean you still have to get out, takek off the gas cap, and pump the gas, and probably even open the door all the way before doing that. Now if the button opened the gas door, filled it up, and replaced the cap, THAT would be convenient! Though I do like that the button gets rid of the "finger gap" that the regular doors have in them.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
security. i just like the expensiveness of it too. and i like that the door blends in more to the body of the car. just little things i could easily live without but probably lament surrendering.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
meh. i just like them. i would much have rather have a traction control button in its place.... lol buuut. "want in one hand, sh!t in the other. betcha i know which one fills up the fastest"

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Pics!!!!!

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Backwards from factory? So it opens toward the rear...does it try to open when driving at high speeds?
not at all, you have to adjust the catch on it so that there isn't a gap for it to open, it has to be flush, everything comes loose in box...

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i htink the ones from bully are locking, correct me if i'm wrong... but i would still like the conveinence of being able to open it with my auto popper thingie...
nope but they look locking when its set up flush it looks like it should open to the left but it opens to the right, they kind of have that magnet push and popper that some entertainment center glass doors have. Its a really strong magnet.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
ttt... PICS! i wanna see this one! :D

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS:cool: