TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the post on the club page about the very small discount on shocks through shox.com. I found a few alternate sources. www.eshocks.com They offer free shipping and and equal to the price of shox. and this site...about 323 or so dollars and free shipping.

http://catalog.eautopartscatalog.com/bimmer/bfp/wizard.jsp?partner=bimmer&year=1996&make=FO&model=THUN-LX-004&category=L&part=Shock+Absorber&clientid=bestforeignparts.com&cookieid=15K1D4VDG&baseurl=http://www.bestforeignparts.com/&

happy shopping

joseph

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sounds like a decent price.
I keep hearing about Bilsteins having to be re-valved though (I'm assuming w/ lowering springs & I'm running 1 1/2" ST springs). Does this HAVE to be done??

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Great obucina,

I have to say that you are a deal hunter. Shocks, rotors, next you'll be saying that you found cobra motors cheap.lol

I would suggest getting the front shocks revalved for the ST springs but that's just me. It voids the warranty, but I felt that it was worth it. My car feels nice and tight without being overly harsh. My friend's Z28 has stiffer shocks stock than my car's bilsteins.

Russell

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
good job Joe.. you get a cookie!! :D

Shox.com -- 362.85 (discount not applied, it's only $3 anyway)
eshocks.com -- 352.30

bestforeignparts.com only has rears in stock @ 77.33 each

i think i am going to call shox and tell them i can get the bilsteins $10 cheaper and see what they can do about it.. it seems everytime you ask for a quote you get a different price depending on who answers....

JD

·
8,239 Posts
ChampagneTastes said:
Sounds like a decent price.
I keep hearing about Bilsteins having to be re-valved though (I'm assuming w/ lowering springs & I'm running 1 1/2" ST springs). Does this HAVE to be done??
no you don't have to revalve the shocks, and it will void your warranty if you revalve them.

JH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts