TCCoA Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,833 Posts

I've been looking into purchasing the BC Racing extreme low kit for the 350z. The shock absorber assembly length is 2" shorter than other available 350z front coilover assemblies. That brings the shock assembly height closer to the stock Thunderbird, so no need for cutting and welding and taking the risks. I guess it would just be applying the already aforementioned steps needed like enlarging the lower clevis mount holes and modifying the upper mount to take the BC coil spring. You can also purchase the necessary individual parts from the BC racing website if you're in the US. They also offer the ER series kit that seems to have better dampening but its like 200$ more per coilover. I know BC is on the upper end of midrange, lower end of high range brands, but for regular everyday use it should suffice.
Those are the rear coilovers. I checked that website you linked and there doesn't appear to be a front BC Coilover in their ER series? At least not on that website.

Right, it's just that there are almost certainly better options, dimensionally speaking. A shorter fork will allow for a taller shock body.
Cut and weld?

·
Registered
1995 Ford Thunderbird LX w/ SC seats, Terminator Cobra rear springs and Koni Shocks
14 Posts

The picture is not accurate obvs.

·
The Parts Guy
7,687 Posts
Cut and weld?
Cut and weld this? Heck no.

If you're able to weld and want a performance front shock offering, copying the mounts that Bill resells with QA1's is a dead-nuts-simple operation.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
That ride height is definitely unsettling! I would like to see how it does with cutting a coil off the spring. That might bring the ride height back to a normal level, but it might make the ride too jarring.
"Unsettling?" Speak for yourself. I see this ride height and besides the fact that these are probably the WORST shocks to go offroad, Im thinking about the Mexican 1000 again.
:)

41 - 45 of 45 Posts