TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well shes running rough no matter what throttle I give her. In park it runs fine no missing at all or anything.

Couple days ago I changed my oil and replaced my airfilter. It ran fine yesterday. I don't know what the problem is untill I just got into work.

My car is throwing a EGR excessive flow. It has been for sometime now, I havent been really worrying about it.

I checked my PCV valve, on the outside its all gunked up, but it still shakes fine and clicks lol. I did find some oil on it though on the inside. NOt much but maybe a few drops.

I checked my airfilter its a LITTLE damp but nothing much. In MI we've been having some fogy conditions so I'm guessing that is why. Plus I removed my air scilencer. So condensation could be floating up into the airbox.

On the opposite side of the PCV valve (the other valve cover). I noticed another type of valve, it has oil around it, never checked it before or anything. Also, have not checked my oil, but I did it 2 days ago, so I doubt thats milky or anything.

At WOT it is missing hardcore or that what it feels like. I've cleaned my MAF twice in the past, plus it ran fine yesterday like a new car. So I'm stumped.

My only guess is that its super moist out and its making my car run like crap, but it never did it last snow year and I had my air scilencer out.

Anyone know? TIA

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Maybe the passage in the intake for the EGR is plugged up w/ carbon?? Mine was running like you describe, and I took the time to wrestle the EGR off and clean those passages, and presto- good as new. Just an idea.

I would take a look at that EGR code you have. If it was running fine before, then you got the code, and the motor has gotten progressively worse, then I'd fix that and go from there.

Jay

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks,

it has concluded that its intermittent. It does it sometimes, sometimes it runs fine?

could it be anything tranny related?? because when i listened to the engine did not sound like missing or chugging for any matter.

im gonna get the tranny flushed on the 7th (last time was 68k miles) and im going to go ahead and play with the egr. so we'll go from there.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well reporting back.

Took off my throttle and elbow. Cleaned the EGR channel and put it all back together. Ran great for 2 days.

Fired it up after work one day (last monday) and it started running like crap again. So I finally broke down, took some time and started pulling plugs.

All of them were worn and the last one I pulled was loose (my fault) so I bought new Motorcraft platinums and wires.

The worst part of this story is. The plugs that were in previously were the wrong ones! The taper was wrong and they were 1/8th shorter. ( I triple checked this).

So I did all the plugs/wires and wow does this thing run. NO rough idle, no more blue smoke, NO CEL, and it has some torque. Wow this thing really suprised me when I took it out for the first run.

Time to look at an exhaust and a new intake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts