TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So as the title states and the pics show, the bird was involved in a accident.
At 1st thought i believed it was worse off, now that i have had a little time to look over it, it looks like i will need
hood
header panel
turn signal
fender

the bumper looks unscaved, as i hit a truck and my car sits so low.
I already have 96 corners, as i am doing the swap soon so really i have to swap panels, hood, signal anyhow, so this isn't terribly bad though im pissed.

enjoy

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
ouch!!!

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Be glad it wasn't the rear bumper cover of your car that was messed up!
That's about the exact same damage that happened to me last year except mine was on the passenger side:

It sure made a good excuse to do the 96/97 headlight swap.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea basically the same, though my bumper cover didnt get a scatch, so im lucky as it isn't hard to find hood, fender, and panel.................very good excuse to hurry up on finishing my 96-7 swap :)

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
How did it happen Rob?

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
short story, truck changes 2 lanes super fast trying to get in the left turning lane, caused a slam on brakes chain reaction......i rear ended a truck in front of me, from the pics u see i tried to swing to the right to miss him but there was traffic in the next lane...i was screwed.
luckly there was no one right behind me...........

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just called certifit, i can get brand new 96 header panel and fender 52.00 each
they dont have the hood.
i already have the 96 corners, so i just need to pickup the 96 lights that we can get for 119.00 here locally.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
a body shop should be able to fix the hood hell you could do it your self in no time

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
a body shop should be able to fix the hood hell you could do it your self in no time
really since im doing the swap, i might as well do the hood, although i was going to continue to use it, this has now help me decide to go ahead and get it.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
No comment.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
x2

rob, get that 96/7 hood from a junkyard. there's a guy with a stang body shop who can repaint a hood for probably under $200. he painted both of my bumpers for $350. that pearl white may be hard to match, though.
ok so i just got back from certifit, i picked up the 96 header panel and the drivers fender for 112.00 tax and all out the door.
i just need the headlights and hood......
as for the paint, it is going to be difficult, Jason with fordpartscounter has been trying to get me touchup paint for months with no success.
How much you think a hood is in the scrap yard?
I might just get something "aftermarket" while im at it.

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
why not get the fender off the parts car at chris's house?

a hood should be $60. might as well grab some lights at the yard, too, and ill clean them for you cheap.

whats your paint code, rob? im talking to my paint guy now. he's out in katy, though. he does damn good work.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Take your gas door off and send it to me. I'll get you some paint matched.

Or let Mike.

I will tell you though. It will not match. Never.

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
I didnt even think to ask you about the bumper. Good thing the bird is lowered. But I do have a spare 95SC front and rear bumper.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
why not get the fender off the parts car at chris's house?

a hood should be $60. might as well grab some lights at the yard, too, and ill clean them for you cheap.
52 bucks for a new fender ready for paint is better the me having to pull that fender, not sure of it condition..............ill pay for convience........not all of us are cheap.
headlights, why not just get new, have them at my door when i come home next time and be good to go..............again convience.......and new ones cant be duplicated:tongue:

1 - 20 of 84 Posts