TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea, ran right into a tree, snow + 170rwhp in a boat is death. Well that sucks bad, the whole frontend is crunched. Frame is smashed up real good. Atleast 4-5k worth of dmg, so most likely will get a new car... Sigh, now what the hell am i to do.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
CowsGoMoo said:
... Sigh, now what the hell am i to do.

Start browsing the For Sale forum regularly for another one of course ;)

For real, sorry about the bad luck. Hope you weren't hurt, sounds like the tree got you pretty good.

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
sorry to hear that man....hope everyone is okay... just think about it, you can start from scratch all over again :) heh, if i could go back, i woulda went to IL, and bought both of Todd's cars.. heh

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I don't know what's going to happen, this couldn't have come at a worse time. I have to drive 25 mins to school because I moved far out of the school district over the summer, and I opted to just drive and finish my senior year at my highschool. Plus on top of that, I have work too. My dad's c5 is in storage for the winter, and my step mom is working again, so I can't use her explorer. :bs: The bluebook on the car is about 5k with 68,000 miles and premium sound, v8, power seats, sport package and good condition(was good). I surely can't afford what I'd really want, a nice new f-body. Proll(zip up flame suit) will have to resort to domestic rice. I wouldn't mind an sxt/r-t neon. I'd really really like to get a 98/99 gtp sedan/coupe. All in all, I need front wheel drive in these rolling hills with harsh winters, as per today. I was only driving 35 or so and the rear came unlatched and i weaved on the road for about 100 feet until the front end came in contact with a tree. Whole front end is tore up to the engine block, radiator pieces everywhere, lightbulbs tossed, thunderemblem on the ground :xpcry: The only good thing about this whole thing is that I'm mostly physically alright. Got a few airbag dust burns on my arm and my chin, but I had my seatbelt on of course and didn't get hurt. Plus the tranny on that car was a pos, that was the 2nd tranny and it was shuddering like you wouldn't believe. I'm just glad I didn't shell out a grand for the xenon kit, which I was planning on the end of this winter. Okay, well I'll get off my :zsoapbox: and go mope around the house a while. Any suggestions of what I could get as a new car that wouldn't be a wussy i4 and isn't a fookin ice boat.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Prolly won't get another mn-12 i'm sorry to say... Stock power isn't impressive when compared to weight and such, I would however opt for a 94-95 super coupe auto/stick, those are pretty sweet. Other than that, It'll probably be a fwd car or a small suv/crv. Anyone know of any decent awd vehicles? Lets try to separate rice from actual cars here. I don't plan on ever owning a riced out vehicle, I.E. decals, fart cannon exhaust, flashy designs, neons, thinking I can beat vipers.... Putting viper badges on a neon... If I get a 4 banger or a v6, it's gonna have taste.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Man that sucks. I think you'll regret getting a 4 banger or V6 after driving a V8 for sometime but that's your choice. AS for 4 wheel drive cars I'm not much up on the market so I'm no help. I wouldn't use snow as your guideline either if I were you. Shoot anything can loose traction in certain conditions, I'd get what you like and worry later.

If you plan on getting something other than a MN12 I suggest one of them new R/T Intrepids or Stratus R/T . I've always liked Dodges styling and they aren't rice but classy as you mentioned. The GTP is also a nice choice.

Sorry to hear your story, I remember the time I wrecked my bird after a nice rain, and then she slide into a gaurd rail...sigh...

I feel ya man...

-Tim

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
So sorry to hear about your Bird. Glad that you're alright, too bad you can't get another MN12. Subaru WRX is a quick little car with turbo AWD...

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
Audi A4 Quattro.... very nice cars... a little steep... but they are AWD... i'd stay away from front wheel drive cars... nothing but problems... especially GM...

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Come on............you know you want another T-Bird.

Find a nice SC for sale, put 180 lbs of sand in the trunk, plus a good set of winter tires, and you will be all set !

I have driven RWD all my life, (except for the Audi 5000 ), and I have never had any problems tackling the Nor' Easters' we get here.

Glad to hear you weren't hurt in the accident..............

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
CowsGoMoo said:
I surely can't afford what I'd really want, a nice new f-body. Proll(zip up flame suit) will have to resort to domestic rice. ...Got a few airbag dust burns on my arm and my chin, but I had my seatbelt on of course and didn't get hurt. Any suggestions of what I could get as a new car that wouldn't be a wussy i4 and isn't a fookin ice boat.

first off, as fast as those new neons are gonna be, it's a damn neon. it'll devalue like crazy. do you really want something w/ powered by the front wheels, w/ a turbo, in the snow? honestly?

second, i'm gonna get Firebird trans am one of these days (either after my Tbird, or just have it join the aviary and nest next to my Tbird), so dont let anyone give you crap because it's not a Ford. Get what you want. Unfortunately, you sound like me...you want one...but they're too much $$$.

Third, if you can afford to get one, get a WRX. The AWD will come in really handy. they're rather good cars. If i remember correctly, just shortshift before like 3K and they will be fine in the snow....might actually feel underpowered. If not a newer WRX, I also would suggest looking into an older Subaru Impreza. My girlfriend picked up a '95 Impreza, red, 2dr, auto (yuck), 2.2L H4. we BOTH love that car very much. Either a 2.5 RS or a 2.2L Impreza and you'll be happy. DONT GET A 1.8L...you'll just want to kill yourself.

look around and hope for the best. get another Tbird if you can, but if you cant, do look around. I'm a really big fan of Subaru's, so give them a shot....cant hurt.
...and they're not wussy I4's...they're flat 4's. :tongue:
do take the air silencer off the day you get one ...they sound pretty cool. even w/o full exhaust.

finally, airbag burns suck.

keep your head up..hopefully everything will work out in the end.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts