TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the Bird out to get it smog checked(CA) and the place was closed. Drove home and when I got out of the car, noticed fluid under the front of the car. Popped the hood, only to find a pink froth coming out of the radiator overflow tank. Looks like the tranny lines in the radiator sprung a leak. :( Very not good.
I think this might be the final straw. Look for the car in the 'For Sale' section soon. I just don't have the time to take care of the poor thing.

Peter M

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Flush the trans and get a new radiator. If it ran and shifted fine all the way home then I doubt you did any serious damage. Besides, your trans is bullet proof lol. Rock auto has a new radiator for 90 bucks. Just put it in my car.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I will take the car if you bring it to me. It sounds like an easy fix and after a flush all will be well. You just needed to give the water pump more lube for the time being, didnt you? :)

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
I'd get the water out asap; the glue that holds the clutch together in the tranny TC is water soluble

!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Besides, your trans is bullet proof
Naw... Bullet resistant...

You just needed to give the water pump more lube for the time being
Jeez... Everyone's a comedian! :D

I'd get the water out asap; the glue that holds the clutch together in the tranny TC is water soluble
I know! The fact that I'm out of town right now shows me how little time I have to take care of the poor thing.

I'll probably end up putting the new radiator in with new fluids before I actually sell her.

Peter M

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Late post, but she's all better now... All-aluminum radiator, and she's breathing again!
Pretty easy swap, too....
(Pssst... she's still for sale!)

Peter M

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Late post, but she's all better now... All-aluminum radiator, and she's breathing again!
Pretty easy swap, too....
(Pssst... she's still for sale!)

Peter M
Glad to hear ya patched her up! :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts