TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after a long down time becuase of brake issues, then on the road for a hot second, then a blown transmission, my bird is coming back and will be better then ever

with the transmission rebuild came alot of other things...

3.73 tlok rear end
02 Mustang GT TC
98+ spec rebuild with newer style clutchpacks and a mechanical diode
SCT Chip
Maybe a new maf i dont know i may just stick with the stock one due to funds

after all the brake issues like why my master cylinder refuses to be clean get worked out, shell be done and back on the road, times soon

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i havent driven the car for more then a 2 or 3 day stint since mid june, when i got my maxima, the bird became a take my girlfriend out on dates car, drive to parties kinda vehicle, but once it blew the trans, that was early september, i didnt ever drive the thing, just around the block and idling it to keep the juices going, it has sucked, and it still isnt ready, to many man hours, i think alot of people would have given up by now, but im fighting for her to stay alive

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well all this not driving has been buging me, i drove it today, anything over half throttle off the line, skrrt, starts burning them low pros

·
The Parts Guy
7,269 Posts
I've got you all beat. The most I've ever driven this car was on/off the trailer and in/out of the shop. But as soon as the weather clears up enough to trailer the car to the exhaust shop and to the dyno, that will all be a different story.

Oh yeah, and I've owned that car since March 8, 2001.

-Rod

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
i put my new 4.6l bird away for the winter in late october, i drove an explorer for a while and had an unfortunate meeting with a pole, then i started driving a 97 lumina, finally i stumbled across another 4.6 bird at an auction and bought it, its so nice to have some power back under my foot, but its nothing compared to my other v8 bird, I cant wait til spring.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah well as of today the birds officailly 100% safe to drive every day, it just may not happen, next in line would be the SCT chip, i dont think im going to have enough money to order it and get a maf with it though :(

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
My car was sittin over 2 1/2 years before I finally got to drive it. That really sucked, having to look at it everyday going in and out of the garage. Oh well at least its fun now!!!!

·
Registered
970 Posts
AEDM8 said:
Bah, I havnt driven my car in a year and a half. :)

yeah, but I'm sure you still go out and sing it to sleep every night don't you :tongue:

Sucks bad enough not driving my car for a couple months...
(was either October or November I put my car away I think...)

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah figures the 2nd day i have the thing on the road, we get ourselves about 2 inches of snow, no more bird, yay... not back to the max, puting the snow tires on as we speak, how fun...

·
Registered
287 Posts
Jo...

You letting them rims go to waist man.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Audiobahnbird said:
Hey, look at the bright side, snow makes driving a RWD V8 alot more fun.
heh, i still have problems in eighty degree dry weather!

My birdy's been down for a good month now with a blown tranny so I'm working and fighting to get that done, pete's given me faith along with JL to push on to this every lasting black hole of money spending! :p

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
will, the 18s are still on the car, i have to have them reconditioned sometime soon, by sat the 16s will be back on

the car spins wheels from 0-50mph in the dry, so i have plenty of fun without the addition of snow, so ill pass on all that gayness, next up on the agdenda would be the tune exhaust and alighment, it will be done mad soon, ive almost overhauled the whole frigin car, its feeling good driving it though, i get so many looks, i forgot that things actaully loud

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
update, 16s went back on for the winter, they spin worse the my low profile 18s :(, its crazy spinage, this is gonna be fun hooking up at the track, but i guess ill just strike all this traction issues to the low teen temps that have been around rescently

1 - 16 of 16 Posts