TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what I was busy doing the past couple weeks. Please excuse the bugs on the bumper, this is after over 1000 miles of driving in 4 days. Plenty more to come by Cat Jam:

·
Administrator
8,005 Posts
Louvers on the hood look good! Someone else I know in Dedham is big into louvers also! :tongue:

Joe

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Looks pretty good. Going hotrod style there. I always see the '49 and '50 Fords or Mercury's with hoods like that.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Looks good Crystal. I caught a glimpse at it Sun Night, looked pretty badass in the parking lot at night too!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
94t-birdlx said:
Looks good Crystal. I caught a glimpse at it Sun Night, looked pretty badass in the parking lot at night too!
That had to be the most random part of the whole weekend!

Thanks for the compliments everyone :)

·
Registered
799 Posts
very nice lookin ride, louvers are cool

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
how does one go about doing that? As in, whats the tool they use for doing that?
-Thomas

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Louver press ;)

Actually the hood had to be totally striped. Then bottom bracing in the hood had to be cut out. The louvers are pressed in to the top layer of steel, the bracing is re-attached, then everythingis painted.

I also have a black anodized aluminum panel riveted under them to keep the water off of the engine while still letting out heat :)

·
Registered
927 Posts
Crystal said:
Louver press ;)
I also have a black anodized aluminum panel riveted under them to keep the water off of the engine while still letting out heat :)
I was wondering about that. I just assumed you wouldn't drive it in the rain. :)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Black_97_LX said:
I was wondering about that. I just assumed you wouldn't drive it in the rain. :)
Yeah right... car's been together 13 days and I've put almost 2000 miles on it :D

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
only thing i can say is its gunna take ya like 40 years to get all the wax off around those ;)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
KrAzyT said:
only thing i can say is its gunna take ya like 40 years to get all the wax off around those ;)
LOL, kinda on subject:

The shop that did the paint on the fenders and hood told me not to buff the hood off of the car. Apparently the louvers tend to make them want to shoot across the shop. The best thing about that is you know they've seen it happen :D

Plenty more mods to come by Cat Jam :D

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Johnny Cougar said:
Lookin' good. It would look even better if you returned my calls. ;)
:eek: I know... I've been running around like an idiot lately. I'll try and call tonight, but if I forget again, call back :tongue:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts