TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,532 Posts
The one on the right with the hood on the left.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats where I was going but right is 95 and left is 96, they are different guess its all or nothing..

·
Super Moderator
12,532 Posts
I know. The 96 hood will work on the 95. You also get to swap the 95 headlights for the 96's. It's a win win. Although I wouldn't use THOSE '96 headlights.

BTW, the 94-95 Teardrop front bumper > the 96-97 bumper.

·
Super Moderator
12,532 Posts
Yes.

Of course, you'll also need to swap the headlight mounting panel for the 96-97 headlights. But yeah, the headlights and hood will line right up with the 94-95 bumper. I have the 97 headlights on my car. It's the green one on the banner at the top of the page.

Reactions: CDsDontBurn

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes.

Of course, you'll also need to swap the headlight mounting panel for the 96-97 headlights. But yeah, the headlights and hood will line right up with the 94-95 bumper. I have the 97 headlights on my car. It's the green one on the banner at the top of the page.
Can you post a good picture of your front end please?

·
Super Moderator
12,532 Posts
Can you post a good picture of your front end please?
Here's a pretty recent picture of it. The slight "point" that Matt talked about isn't on my cowl hood either. I've since replaced that left front corner light after the seal failed and water got into it.

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Although I wouldn't use THOSE '96 headlights.
Those headlights may still be fixable. I’ve cleaned up a few pretty yellow headlights lately with 3M’s headlight sander kit. Very happy with the results.

Reactions: Trunk Monkey

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,480 Posts
Those headlights may still be fixable. I’ve cleaned up a few pretty yellow headlights lately with 3M’s headlight sander kit. Very happy with the results.
Works well on the lenses but the glue holding the lens to the housing tends to be yellowed and effectively tints the whole housing no matter how clear you get the lens. Sometimes you can get the lens off and replace the glue too without drama but it’s a roll of the dice because old plastic = brittle.

And even then perfection isn’t guaranteed. I got a pair of used reproduction Cougar headlights (new they are TWICE the cost of Tbird ones, so F that) but they were on a guy’s car for about a year and needed a polish, which I actually did using the 3M kit, but next to the brand new clear corners I bought there’s still a certain darkness to them that doesn’t quite match up. I can always tell when I see one of these cars posted whether the owner sprang for brand new lights or restored the originals

1 - 12 of 12 Posts