TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have them? How well does the finish hold up? My plan this spring is to get my car repainted pearl white and I have my eyes on a set of black chrome FR500s. I think they would look great. I have never seen an MN12 with them, only Mustangs.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Got the 98 cobras on CL for $150. Needed paint, so i had them powder coated in black chrome a couple yrs ago..

·
Super Moderator
17,157 Posts
From what I've read on a few mustang forums, the finishes are soso on a lot of wheels from LRS and americanmuscle but mostly pertaining to regular chrome and some of their painted ones. They're not OEM quality, that's for sure.

If you can find a local place to do the finish for you, you might be able to save quite a few bucks and go that route with a used set of wheels, and end up with a better finish. FR500s are all over the place.

Photoshopped them on my sled a few months ago. Should give you a good idea of how they'd look with your plans...

I seriously considered them. But the side profile of the MN12s with staggered wheels just doesn't work for me like it does on New edges(these end up way more pro-stock looking than pro-touring). I don't think they have the hips to pull it off :tongue:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Matt, that's exactly the look I am going for. Thanks for posting that pic. I was thinking about buying them from cruizinconcepts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts