TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you planning to buy on Black Friday?

Found this website, http://bfads.net/ and I'm thinking of buying some stuff now that I know some prices.

I'm gonna get some tools at ACE, and maybe something at Sears. They're walking distance from where I work, at least ACE is, so I can hopefully run there first. Sears is selling the Sony BDP-S350 BluRay players for $180, which is like $50 below company purchase cost, so I couldn't even get that price where I work. I think we buy them for $231.24 or something, and current price selling them for $233.

We'll be having a pre-Black Friday this Sunday, so hopefully get some of our customers through the door then. Some awesome deals on TVs, even have some that we don't normally carry, like the Samsung LN32A300 for $500. Same prices that they're showing on the Sears for a lot of the Sony and Samsung, also discounting the LGs. We just got about 100-150 TVs today on the stock truck, so hopefully be getting rid of a bunch in the next week. In comparison, we haven't had a truck with more than probably 30 TVs the whole year. Got about a hundred cameras and camera accessories. Couple hundred iPod docks, not a lot of iPods, we probably have 40 at most and only got one or two in. They aren't 100% compatible with the older docks anyway. Something to think about when you're buying gifts.

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
or there is a website called theblackfriday.com

however i plan on getting myself a 40-46" lcd tv. hopefully the one i want will be on sale for a couple hundred off

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
Yeah, I pretty much refuse to shop on that day, I'd rather pay a little bit more to spend time in uncrowded places.
that's why i shop at target and not walmart. target has eye candy working there, and walmart has someone named candy working there. yack...

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
that's why i shop at target and not walmart. target has eye candy working there, and walmart has someone named candy working there. yack...
:uppoint::uppoint::uppoint:

I hear you. There is also much better eye candy shoppers at Target.:D

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
or there is a website called theblackfriday.com

however i plan on getting myself a 40-46" lcd tv. hopefully the one i want will be on sale for a couple hundred off
The thing about theblackfriday.com compared to bfads.net, is you don't get the photo of the item for sale. On bfads.net even if they don't show the photo, they at least take you directly to their website and search the item.

I think the Samsung LN46A500 (46" LCD 1080p) is $1100. Not the best out there, but a decent price. We also received a lot of LGs in, so if you're thinking an LG is alright, and they have gotten better in the past couple years, that might be something to pick up with sale prices. There are also some sales on Sony, which is a close competitor with Samsung. The XBR8 is definitely a competitor with Samsungs 9 Series TV, but those will cost a few thousand.

There are a wide range of prices you can spend on Samsung and Sony, so there's something for everyone. LCD is going to be more expensive than plasma, but unless you're going to have sunlight shining on it, or doing something like me and using it as a computer monitor, I wouldn't worry about plasma. A 40" is fine for me, but I would like to upgrade to a 46" with 120Hz/MotionFlow, but again, going to increase the price a lot. The MotionFlow (240Hz) technology of the XBR8 still looks way better than the 9 Series Samsung.

If you don't mind 720p and plasma, which you won't notice as much on movies or cable/satellite, but you may on video games or BluRay movies, get the Samsung PN50A400 for $900. The 42" version is only $700. Still has a PC(VGA) input, which I wouldn't recommend for use as a computer monitor, but I leave mine on PC until I'm watching the shows I've recorded on my DVR, gaming, or watching a movie, which is far less than using it as a computer monitor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts