TCCoA Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,612 Posts
Idk; I had blue leather in my 63 thunder bird,lol.
That was the smallest back seat I ever crawled into.

Syrange fact: two people that I worked with later in life caught/saw me in a back seat with a girl and objected.
They didn't remember until I brought it up, lol.

·
Super Moderator
11,612 Posts
IDK; I had a 63 tbird, which had the smallest rear seats, which were blue leather.:)
Strange fact: Two of the people I worked for/with had seen me ' in the buff' with a girl and objected at different times.
They didn't remember until I reminded them. :)

·
The Parts Guy
7,784 Posts
Off the top of my head, I can think of five black MN12's out of the 33 MN12's that I've had. They aren't all that rare, IMO.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I don't see many T-Birds in my area, and when I do, they're either some form of white (oxford / pearl), red, green, or grey.

Anyone who buys a black car for Louisiana or Texas or even Nevada or New Mexico is a masochist and a sadist, and should not be permitted out in polite company. 😝

When you try to Drive in the Summer Heat - YouTube

RwP
About 1/3 of all vehicles sold here in SoCal are black. It's just a popular color. I like it, but it's not my favorite color on a car. Also, black is the hardest color to keep clean / maintain.

·
Registered
1991 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0 in restoration
960 Posts
I don't see many T-Birds in my area, and when I do, they're either some form of white (oxford / pearl), red, green, or grey.

About 1/3 of all vehicles sold here in SoCal are black. It's just a popular color. I like it, but it's not my favorite color on a car. Also, black is the hardest color to keep clean / maintain.
Blasphemy! Black is the best "color" on a car. Shows the lines, looks sleek, classy and mean all at the same time. Maintenance and cursing absolutely suck. I washed mine 2 times per week because the dust drove me nuts.

PSA - Color is in quotes because technically black is the absence of color.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
PSA - Color is in quotes because technically black is the absence of color.
When working with light, yes. When working with physical matter (paint, crayons, color pencil, etc.), it's the opposite.

😛

Reactions: Zep5.0

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
19,648 Posts
No way, every car beautiful or hideous looks just good in black, white on the other hand pops like a jewel on the right car, not everything can pull it off but when they do it looks amazing, and MN12s fit the bill to me.

Plus if you’re lazy, it rules, especially “dirty” whites like pearlescent, I washed my car twice in three months, looks the same whether it’s clean or filthy from 5 feet. You never see swirl marks and it rarely peels to boot.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts