TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Black T-Bird 4.6 DOHC TR-3650
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I tried to bleed the ABS system on a gen 2 Mark VIII but never able to have a good pedal. Fluid is dropping from all bleeders, but no brake force at all. Is there a special procedure for a home mechanic other than buy a specific tool for the ABS module ?

On that model, there is no small reservoir, but there is a evac/fill connector. Don't know if it is part of the bleeding procedure.
Thanks !!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it is the same tool that previous ABS systems need ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for infos. I saw one T90P-50-ALA used with the connector harness # T93T-50-ALA.
And a Mazda #49UN-01-0620 with the connector harness #49UN-01-0630.
Visually, it seems to be the same, and it is identified to be an alternate number ( same parts).
Can I use it for my 97 Mark VIII ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for replying, appreciated.

If I decide to try it, I will post the results, if it works or not.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After pressure bleeding the entire system, I still have a spongy pedal that goes to the floor with a little brake effectiveness at the front and less at the rear. I know I need a T90P-50-ALA, thanks to RACECOUGAR, very hard to find... Most garage mechanics say they do that with a scanner. So is it possible to remove the trapped air in the ABS with an OBD2 scan tool that has ABS function ?

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,727 Posts
I don't think so. The ABS test interfaces on MN12s and FN10s that I've seen use OBD-I type connections. Furthermore the ABS computer is isolated from the PCM.

Anytime I feel the need to bleed the ABS pump, I use the crude method of just finding a large open area of gravel and mash the pedal a few times to force it to engage.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tought it was different since it is a 97 Mark VIII ( last version ABS ), but O.K. I will do like you as soon as possible before extensive searchings for a Rotunda tool. If it is good for you, it will be good for me as well... Thanks!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts