TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how to fix the LED’s on the trunk, Is there a fuse to them or what? I can find anyway to take off the back cover other then breaking it off. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
You can not fix them without breaking the cover. IIRC there is a tech article on how to cut open the housing. But that is really the only way. Or you can buy new ones.

·
Registered
488 Posts
How much for new ones?I just got pulled over the other day for a "taillight" being out.Had to get out and show him its not actually a true taillight.any way to have the other side be unlit till i can replace the faulty one?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I would check with Dan Newman. I don't think that they are cheap.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
96lxcorey said:
...any way to have the other side be unlit till i can replace the faulty one?
Can't you just unplug it?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
You should be able to just unplug it. I would just make sure that you put some of the electrical junk on it from autozone. Especially in this weather.

·
Registered
336 Posts
BIRD-OF-PREY said:
Can anyone tell me how to fix the LED’s on the trunk, Is there a fuse to them or what? I can find anyway to take off the back cover other then breaking it off. Any help would be appreciated.
They are damned expensive, but look so good when they actually all work. I replaced both of mine 2 yrs ago. I dont know how well the fix in the Tech article works, but it has to be a lot cheaper than new.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanx fellas, the "tail lights" are just one of those things that is you dont fix them it looks ghetto, at night I see others with theirs working and just think to myself mine dosent look right.

Where can I find the Tech artical, and just out of curiosity how muc did it cost to fix new?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Those sequential taillights are badazz!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts