TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Banned
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you guys know, my block is done...D*U*N. I am having a forged shortblock being made for me as I type this. I will be starting removal of my current engine next weekend (April 30th) and will be getting the car prepped for the new powerplant...including guages, vortech oil lines, etc. Any help from the NC guys would be greatly appreciated. I plan on taking my time in this since a fellow NC member is loaning me a car (thanx Aaron). Plan on dropping in the new long block on or around the 6th or so of may. I can't pay ya (sorry), but I can provide food and a place to sleep...Thanx in advance for those who will help me.

Shane

·
Banned
538 Posts
Shoot free food. Im there.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Dude, I had planned on trying to make it. For entertainment at the least, but my unit is in charge of the Air show that weekend. Let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Right on, I spoke w/ [email protected] about this. Let me know what you end up setting in stone.

nick

·
Banned
538 Posts
im working on trying to get the engine hoist, only problem Im having is getting the damn thing in my car. It wont friggin fit.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
ROFL HotRod... sorry Shane you are too far from asheville and me living from pay check to pay check makes it hard to get away for a few days :( Sorry man wish I could be there though it would be a great learning experience.

·
Banned
538 Posts
if anyone has a hoist closer by it would be wonderful....ROBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

·
Pimp in denial
998 Posts
i should be down saturday to give a hand where needed.

·
Banned
538 Posts
Bring an engine hoist.

·
Pimp in denial
998 Posts
not sure if the base has one for rent or not..not like i could carry it down in that little ol' tour

·
Banned
538 Posts
yeah i cant fit the damn thing in my car, Wait dont your seats for down?????

·
Banned
538 Posts
I thought there was a filter on this thing?

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
dude Rob if you fit that thing in your Tbird you gotta get pictures of it cuz I want to see this ****. That would be hilarious. I know its funny just listening to you trying to fit it in there.

·
Banned
538 Posts
well I have a Mark VII, I fit lots of things in it. the hoist legs are longer than the car is wide, my leather isnt perfect but i dont need it to look worse.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
oh come on now... I think its worht it just to get a picture of it and say you did it;) Then you can say been there done that and got the Tshirt... I'll have a friend take the pic an dput it on a Tshirt and send it to you hehe. What do you say :)

·
Banned
538 Posts
I was going to get the bock in my car and drive it from charlotte to Wilmington, but he found cheaper shipping.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts