TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to install a set of headers on my 4.6 this weekend, God permiting.

I was thinking about just blocking the EGR port on the header to save some HP, since the great state of Oklahoma does not have sniffer laws.

has anyone done this? I am using a Diablo sport chip and am considering getting it reburned for the elimination of the EGR.

Done anyone have any insight or advice on this?

·
The Parts Guy
7,267 Posts
Yep. This is on my 4.6L DOHC. I made it out of 1" thick billet aluminum, removed all EGR related components, and I'm having the chip burned to delete all EGR functions.

-Rod

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think i am going to atempt this today. I have 3 days off so i should beable to use that time to install headers and figure out what i am going to do with the EGR. I am thinking that EGR should help with HP and fuel econony....basic cold air good/ hot air bad. did you notice any differance

·
The Parts Guy
7,267 Posts
Torino said:
did you notice any differance
Well, this car hasn't had a 4.6L DOHC in it before, and the engine is sitting in the car now but not running yet.

-Rod

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I was all ready to do my headers and crawed under my car and looked closely....hopeing that the horrors i read on this forum were exagerated...they were not. the best idea that i have would be to completely remove the K frame and i am not sure if the headers would be worth that right now...i got them for $90 on ebay so i am not too disapointed, but when i decide to upgrade to PI heads or upgrade my suspension all round i will install the headers but i dont think it is worth the work and alignment right now, I have too many other projects.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Blocking the EGR will not give you ANY horsepower gains. It WILL decrease your gas mileage. However, it is also one less thing to go wrong, and one less thing in a crowded engine bay.

I would not remove it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts