TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I think this is an interesting situation that has arisen. Here is the situation.

I have been told by the powers of the city that I can keep the LE in my driveway under certain circumstances. They don't like the neighborhood to be cluttered up with "junk".

1) It has to be on its wheels (no jackstands)
2) It has to have a tag. (no problem)
3) It has to be under a cover. (Got it covered - Yes, pun intended :D )

Now, this isn't any big deal right now. But I'd like to start selling the parts from it that I don't want or need. This may include wheels, brakes, etc. Does anyone know of a way that I can block it up but only enough to make it appear[/] that its on the wheels? (remember, it'll be under a cover as per their rules :D) I.E. about stock height or maybe a little lower (after all its lower than the LX is now).

I am also going to be pulling the Eibachs from it soon so it will have to have something holding it up until I can get the stock springs off of the LX and onto the LE. The front shouldn't be too hard. The K-member is already so low I have to lift it a little just to get a floor jack under it. So a 4x4 or 4x6 block should hold it at the right height. Don't know about the rear though.

Any original ideas here?

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
What if you found 4 space saver spares or just 4 old wheels tires off of a junker, bolted them to the car, and then rested it on some blocks too?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm in the same situation, except I hit a caddy not a deer.
I want to put the 16" sport bird rims on the cougar and part the bird out eventually. So I went out to a junk yard and bought 3 donuts (+ the one in the trunk)
cost me all of $30 plus they gave me the 97 ashtray that I needed while I was there.

Now if only it was warm outside.......

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL sounds like we have the EXACT same problem. Its @$#&* COLD outside!!

I like the donut idea, I may look into it.

Question 2. Are the brakes (calipers, and discs) necessary to bolt the wheels to the hubs? Obviously I'm not going to drive it that way, just need something to keep appearances going (I.E. wheels bolted to hubs)

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
a couple of 4x4s less than a foot long i think. just jacked it way up while my mechanic put the blocks in between the stops. then i slowly lowered it. i think we fine tuned it with 2x4s.

**EDIT**
should be able to bolt the wheels on without brakes. im just not sure if the wheels will go on further without the brake rotors or not. as long as your lug nuts are open on both ends it should be fine. never tried it though. heres the lugs i was talkin about....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts