TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is not tech but I need to rant. I just got raped by those wastes of skin 1 more time. I hate that company with a passion. Those [email protected]#n f$#&ing pieces of **** charge me $50 in fees to receive a package that was supposedly already paid for. It took them 2 weeks to deliver it. I paid less than half that to send it Express Post.

Do your friends and everybody in this world a favor and boycott UPS. Send these ripoff artist motherf#[email protected] a message.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
I am the one who sent it to you. They are jerks. It took 5 times for them to pick it up, cause of formalities. I am checking into this for you. I f I cannot figure it out, I will paypal you the $50.

edit: did they say if it was billed wrong, or is it customs ****. lmk

·
Registered
195 Posts
Flex said:
I know this is not tech but I need to rant.
So then next time please post it in the proper forum. It didn't belong in the 3.8L Tech section. i see no valid reason for doing so.

Thank-you.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
hey flex. i just called ups. they said it is all customs and duties and taxes. ill split cost w/you, just give me a couple days to get paid. sorry.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I have had some problems with UPS also, but nothing like your talking about. On the other hand I really had some problems with this dumba** who decided to send a 50 lbs. package through USPS. When I got the big speaker it was cracked and I had to file on the insurance and it took them almost a year to get to it and they didn't even give me back all of my money. Fedx so far is the only one that I haven't had any problems with.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Flex said:
I know this is not tech but I need to rant. I just got raped by those wastes of skin 1 more time. I hate that company with a passion. Those [email protected]#n f$#&ing pieces of **** charge me $50 in fees to receive a package that was supposedly already paid for. It took them 2 weeks to deliver it. I paid less than half that to send it Express Post.

Do your friends and everybody in this world a favor and boycott UPS. Send these ripoff artist motherf#[email protected] a message.
Their "customs fees" are ridiculous. The very thing happened to me on delivery of an item for the USA. I told them to take it back to the airport and I would clear it myself through customs. They tried to deliver it the next day and I told him to get it back to customs. It took them 5 more days to get it to the airport, a half hour away.

They were charging me $29 for a $30 item, plus Canadian taxes. That was for my Colgan car bra.

I went to customs myself and after half an hour of screwing around at UPS, I paid no duties and no taxes at the customs office.

They justify it by saying that the post doesn't charge enough and they are taking them to court to force them to charge customers. Both cust serv reps I asked about this just read some scripts and knew absolutely nothing about why.

And this was all on top of already paying $16 USD for shipping to the seller.

I'll never use them.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
When you ship ANYTHING to Canada claim Less than a 10$ Value on the Item, There are no extra charges then.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Im all about boycotting them, but if they hire those new drivers like in that other post. The one with the hot broad in the skimpyest uniform ive ever seen, well, then ill just have to support them 200% :znanner:

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
hey nothing is perfect... I've yet to have any problems with UPS.... sucks man...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hey, if you recieve a shipment across the border, be prepared to pay duties on stuff! That is not UPS, that is Canada Customs.

I like UPS compared to FedEx. FedEx makes UPS look good with the problems I have had with them.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Kleckner said:
Hey, if you recieve a shipment across the border, be prepared to pay duties on stuff! That is not UPS, that is Canada Customs.

No, it's not Canada Customs. Customs assesses taxes and applies a tariff if the goods are rated that way.

The fee from UPS is a "Fee" for clearing it through customs for the customer. Canada Post charges half of that of UPS for a fee, if any.

In my case there was absolutely no effort in clearing through customs. 5 minutes at customs, half an hour of screwing around at the UPS office. It is an excuse for an added charge.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I GOT THE SAME THING! WTF! I baught some Ported heads from Morana Racing in Canada and well I paid the shipping fees and then I get a letter from UPS saying I owe 21.77 or some bulls**t. It also says something about they will bill my account if I don't pay...well I don't have an ACCOUNT?! I plan on calling them today to find out what the deal is. If anything I think Morana should pay it for I had to pay to send my old heads back for the core charge...and shoot that was 50 bucks!

Maybe this is a scam or something?

-Tim

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Greenbird, clear out your PM box

1 - 16 of 16 Posts