TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody running a blower in a T-bird with a 4.6.? I would like to but I know the T-45 is only rated to 330 lbs. Why do so mant Mustags get away with it? I think I have one from a Cobra because it has the 32 spline out-put shaft and not the 28 that the 4r70w had. Could any one suggest a place I might be able to find out more info on the Borg Warner tranny I have? Thanks all

·
Registered
8 Posts
how did you....

where did you get a TBIRD with a T-45 in it? did you put it in or did someone else? cuz they sure don't come stock...

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put it in. There is a great tech article here by Papajohn on how to do it.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
papajohn is actually running an AED kit on his 4.6 along with his T45, so theres someone.

sometimes the mustang guys dont get away with it. my buddys got a 91 GT with a vortech that put down 460 to the wheels... he just replaces the stock T5 every couple months and calls it good. these mustang guys are do'ers not thinkers.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks J Rob. I will ask him how it's standing up.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I'll let you know late spring when i get my Vortech installed this winter and get a few mile on it in the spring. Chris

·
Registered
252 Posts
The Mustang guys just replace them as they fail. Easy enough to find used for really cheap, but I would like to have mine gone through this winter.

My T-45 is starting to have issues with a built-up NA motor and the 266HP/290TQ at the wheels. 3rd feels funny, and 4th has a bit of a synchro crunch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts