TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my blower motor stopped on me. I took out the glove box and wiggled the two wire plug and if started back up. Its loose because it has gotten really hot and loosened up. At least that's my guess. The black wire connector is too wide for the blower motor prong and it broke when trying to bend it in. I'm guessing again from the heat. It was also corroded. Anyway I bought a new on and it came in today. My question is, what would cause this to happen? Is this a common issue? I don't want my new one to end up in the same shape because I didn't get to the root of the problem. Should I remove the blower motor and clean the prongs?

·
Super Moderator
10,588 Posts
You will notice when you remove the old one that the bearings are wasted, and will barely move. That made it run hot.

Replace it before it wastes the wiring. :)

I'm 2 for 3 cars so far, lol. :) They seem to die ~220k miles...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, my car only has about 180k. But I ordered a new blower motor to go along with the pigtail. Funniest part is, the motor cost $31. The pigtail cost $32.

·
Super Moderator
10,588 Posts
Well, my car only has about 180k. But I ordered a new blower motor to go along with the pigtail. Funniest part is, the motor cost $31. The pigtail cost $32.
Without China, that motor would be $200, no matter where it's actually made; it's pretty beefy.

Other than having your forehead sitting on a Big airbag while you're doing it, it's not a hard job to do. :D

Remove the battery cables, both of them, for ~1/2 hour before you do this.

Both cables is safer; two points of simultaneous fail must happen to accidentally energize the system.

You're yanking around wires that may have issues, by your pigtail buy, and the airbag wiring runs thru there; be sure to safe the system, by yanking the battery connections. :)

If it dets, you'd never hear it. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts