TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious how much money time and effort it would take to successfully put a 89 SC blower in a 89 3.8 n/a

·
Registered
604 Posts
It's not worth it. There's too much involved. You would be better off with a Vortech, or an entire SC engine swap with a blower.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
agreed

i know it wouldnt be worth but i was just wondering what would have to be done etc just curious

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,676 Posts
It can be done, but I too agree that its' not worth puttiong just the blower on. If you did just put the blower on, depending on your driving style, would depend on how long your engine would last. A 3.8 N/A engine isn't strong enough to hold the boost for very long, atleast of the SC's blower. It can handle the Vortech alot better.

I agree, I would just get an SC engine over getting a Vortech kit. Mainly because you could re-build the SC engine before it went in and can hold more boost.

-Andy "Melon"

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what do you think the estimated price on an SC engine would be
forgive my ignorance, im not mechanically inclined

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
you WILL need to install a 8.8" rear diff and beef up the tranny for a supercoupe blower set-up, the power is INSTANT ON. A Vortech Set-up runs aroung 2300$ and your stock rear diff and tanny would hold up to it for quite a while as the vortechs boost comes on "softly"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts