TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
Just cost as far as I'm concerned. I haven't found either them or Alto reds to be any more robust than the good production frictions which can be had cheaper.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I got a complete rebuild kit off of a guy on ebay with the blue clutches for $130 shipped. I found a place that sells the blue clutches induvidual so I can order a few more for the direct clutch.

Thanks

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
SilverFox said:
I think the Blues are the best, they are really sticky when it comes to harsh drag tranny. Though like KDanner said, you don't need them really. I have had good luck with production stuff.......but I doo reccomend ALOT dirrect cltuch pack at least.

I'm very much against the Alto powerpack directs. Those are much thinner than production steels, I highly question how well that can dissapate heat. By machining down the piston you can get plenty of production thickness plates in.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Thats why I just bought 6 F6AZ*7B442*AA driven plates and 6 F8AZ*7B164*BA drive plates for $35.76. Don't have any experience with 'em yet because I haven't seen any fail. The local parts dealers didn't have the later Ford plates either. They only had the 'commercial' clutchpacks which are alto. That says alot. Had to get 'em from Ford.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts