TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
I used good old fashoined bondo on my bird.
But I hear that dupont makes a product called duraglass that is supposed to be the best stuff.

This is my bird after the fix. It was crushed in the left rear quarter and the front left fender. I think that I did an ok job. Bondo is cheap and is an awesome body filler. I would stay away from the cheap imitation bondo that stores like Kmart and Pep boys sell.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/33315773/33315944xSEQha

·
CatBird Creator
165 Posts
IMO

Greg,
Just stick with bondo, it always works the best. Just make sure that you buy the bondo spreaders, so that you can get the right color mix, and dont put in too much hardener. I'm sure you're familiar with this....

Kyle

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
they are all basicly the same, duraglass is a fiberglass reinforced filler, its suppose to keep it from cracking, but if used properly the regular filler won't crack. if its 1" thick it will probably crack. You should also prep properly. bondo should go over clean metal. then if you need to do more filling work after primer you should go to a glazing putty, which is finer also. glazing putty can be used to fill any pin holes in the first filler. you should fix as much of the dent buy pulling as much as you can. A stud gun will weld a tab on the panel then you can use a slide hammer to pull it out some.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: IMO

ChromeTip said:

Just make sure that you buy the bondo spreaders, so that you can get the right color mix, and dont put in too much hardener. I'm sure you're familiar with this....

Kyle
im not sure if im familar with this, oh wait, yea... there's that ROCK sitting in my garage from our last attempt. -greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts