TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just ran into a dilema...last week on the PA turnpike i put my 97 cougar into a guardrail and it wasnt a pretty site. i need a new front and rear bumper. heres where my questions begin. will a supercoupe bumper fit on a 97 without any problems? also, will the 96-97 thunderbird xenon body kit fit my cougar or are they different and it wouldnt look right? one last question, i noticed that xenon makes a awesome lip spoiler for the t-bird and i wanted to know if that fits on the cougar? thanks
chris

·
8,239 Posts
why do you want a supercoupe bodykit on your cougar?

For the 89-95 cars it would look good, but the sc bodykit looks abit funny on 96+ mn12's.

Get the xenon or razzi kit, they look real nice. Also get a good bodyman that will fill the gap in with filler when they install the kit, that will give you a nice seamless look.

Justin

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i didnt really want the body kit from the earlier years, i kinda just wanted the bumper and then planned on getting the xenon side skirts and front valance. anyways, do you know if the 96-97 thunderbird and cougar xenon kits are interchangable? they look the same to me.
thanks
chris

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
JustinH said:
Get the xenon or razzi kit, they look real nice.
xenon, razzi, xenon, razzi, xenon, razzi, xenon, razzi, xenon, razzi.. it seems that wings west is the bastard child that no one wants to remember for some reason.

and imo, it is still the best looking body kit for 96/97

·
Registered
249 Posts
still gotta say xenon. Wings west is def better than the razzi. I hate the air dam on the razzi, if it wasn't fot that.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
well jim, we'll see which one of us gets it first. :tongue:

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
8ate8 said:

xenon, razzi, xenon, razzi, xenon, razzi, xenon, razzi, xenon, razzi.. it seems that wings west is the bastard child that no one wants to remember for some reason.

and imo, it is still the best looking body kit for 96/97

http://www.cashershighperformance.com/wingswest/images/20_T_bird_fr3_4_2.jpg
http://www.cashershighperformance.com/wingswest/images/20.jpg
hey that front part looks nice, i dunno bout the rest of it, id get the front clip, put sc side skirts, and not sure bout the rear, probably sc.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
well... i want to get two 96/97 tbirds. one in twilight blue and slap a xenon kit on, and one in silver or black and toss on a wings west. i would never touch razzi.... razzi is abs, not urethane and in detroit, a razzi kit would be kille din a week. howver, i have 96/97 xenon sides waiting to go on, 89 sc front and 95 sc rear on.... the car is waiting on a cervinis mach 1 hood and gen 2 sho spoiler (the little lip), ball joint and control arms before it hits the paint booth for a nice twilight blue paint job. you can always do what i did, look at the lines of different pieces and such then mix and match for something original... oh its a base 1990 bird, which will one day have a 5psd, 99+ 4.6, mark 8 rear with 3.55s and dennis driveshaft... droooooll.. -greg

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
glowing escape said:
you can always do what i did, look at the lines of different pieces and such then mix and match for something original...
that's actually what i want to do. if i were to get a complete body kit, i'd get the wings west, but if i were to mix and match:

razzi front clip
xenon side skirts
wings west rear clip

imo, the razzi rear clips looks like complete a$$ with those ridges on it. and WW and xenon are relatively the same, except for the fact that the WW is cheaper everywhere i've seen it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
How does fiberglass compare to urethane? My buddy is producing his own fiberglass ground effects with custom designs for his little company he has. He mainly does it for rice mobiles, but he said he may be able to makeup one for a t-bird. But... he said it'd be fiberglass, or should I just get xenon =0? Also, how much on average does it usually cost to get a full 4 piece body kit painted? I have a laser red bird and I'm trying to get prices and see how much everything will cost.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Fiberglass is even worse than ABS. ABS will flex a little.. Fiberglass will not.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Hey, a question. I have a 95 cougar and i don't like the body kits for the 94-95. I like the 96-97, so my ques.. is if i can put a Xenon(cause does are cooler :D) for a 96-97 to my 95 cat????? Or do i need to swap the whole front?? in order to put the 96 kit..:confused:

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
I'm not sure a 3.8 can move with that much added weight.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts