TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, i was just told that they sell a body kit to turn a 1995 t-bird body style into a 1950 style merc. is there any truth to this or are they pulling my leg? if it is true, where can i find out any info. thx.

·
Registered
122 Posts
its true there is one in Quincy,MA actually. im sure someone will chime in .. ive seen it on the forums before.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
omg, your not serious are you?

·
Registered
513 Posts
thats actually pretty cool looking, not what i would choose though.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I saw one at a car show and talked to the owner builder. The kit is actually VERY easy to do. But it only includes the fenders, hood, deck, and quarters. All the chrome and brightwork you have to supply yourself. either repro Ford or Merc parts, or (god forbid) actual 1950's Ford parts.

He told me about the kit, I told him how to improve his running gear. (PBR's, J-Mod, PI heads, etc.)

·
Registered
7,557 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Yea, I've seen artists concepts of the 57 chevy. Its going to be put on a Camaro chassis isn't it?

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
I was driving the other day and actually saw one of these. It was traveling in the oppsoite direction, so I really couldnt get a good look, but oddly enough there was also one of those fake *** cougar limo type things that look like they from the 20's parked on the corner of the same road. I will take the camera with me next time and see if that one is still there.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
DMcBrideBoston said:
I was driving the other day and actually saw one of these. It was traveling in the oppsoite direction, so I really couldnt get a good look, but oddly enough there was also one of those fake *** cougar limo type things that look like they from the 20's parked on the corner of the same road. I will take the camera with me next time and see if that one is still there.
dave,

u talking about that red fox cougar thats in revere a lot? that think is retarded, i've seen it a few times too.

Frank

·
Registered
647 Posts
The retro look is all the rage these days.:rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts