TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's a thought. since our rear subframe is a bolt in unit why not drop it make a new tube steel sub frame with a triangulated four link and a 9 inch. then eventually tie that into the front with connecters?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Don't take this as gospel- just my opinion.

I think there wouldn't be room for proper, or at least commonly used geometry. The trunk floor sits too low. To make it take a pre-fabbed 4-link there would be a big, weakening hole in the floorpan. A custom 4-link with relocated arms 'might' be made to fit.

Maybe room for ladder bars if you eliminate the gas tank. Either way you would have to channel in some real framerails.

The car would probably need a cage by the time you did all that.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what i was thinking was ditch the fuel take in favor of a fuel cell that would sit in between the rails freeing up a lot of room. the four links we make at work don't take up more than a foot of room plus supsension travel which really isn't gonna be all that great so it should be a matter of cutting out the trunk floor, mounting the frame then fabbing a new floor. I was gonna keep the fuel cell as far forward as possible and then use lines to route it to the original filler neck. probably but it right under the back seat with a trap door in the steel under the seat to make access to the pump easier. i know its not the best location for weight distribution but it would be neat and clean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts