TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is somewhat driving me nuts...I have looked at lowes, boltdepot, mcmaster-carr, fastenal, thefastenerwherehouse, generic google searches, etc. and I can't find what I am looking for...I need two bolts and two U nuts/speed nuts to attach my hand brake to the floor of my car, what I need, according to the ford parts database that I have at work:

BOLT: M8 X 1.25 X 19

NUT: M8 X 1.25 U-Nut / Speed Nut

The actual bolts and nuts from ford are no longer available, and no dealerships have any, according to any of the parts locators...that aside, I'm having a hard time finding these.

I have a hard time with bolt sizes, etc. What else might work and would be close to these?

thanks!!

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
This is somewhat driving me nuts...I have looked at lowes, boltdepot, mcmaster-carr, fastenal, thefastenerwherehouse, generic google searches, etc. and I can't find what I am looking for...I need two bolts and two U nuts/speed nuts to attach my hand brake to the floor of my car, what I need, according to the ford parts database that I have at work:

The actual bolts and nuts from ford are no longer available, and no dealerships have any, according to any of the parts locators...that aside, I'm having a hard time finding these.

I have a hard time with bolt sizes, etc. What else might work and would be close to these?

thanks!!

Try http://www.fastenal.com
They also have local stores

I see a bunch of M8-1.25 x 20mm bolts at 24 cents to 90 cents each wholesale depending on length.
I also see a bunch of "speed nuts" aka u-nuts.

-g

·
Registered
613 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
They have the speed nuts/u-nuts at Pep Boys here and some Autozones.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts

thanks!!
You couldn't find them at McMaster-Carr?

I found steel and stainless steel bolts M8 x 1.25 x 18 mm long and multiple M8 x 1.25 x 20 mm long. I can't see 1 mm making that much of a difference.

And multiple M8 x 1.25 U-Nuts/Speed Nut (No Slip, Clip On Nuts is what McMaster Carr calls them, if that is what you're talking about)

Sometimes you have to analyze what will work vs. matching exactly what Ford used. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
You couldn't find them at McMaster-Carr?

I found steel and stainless steel bolts M8 x 1.25 x 18 mm long and multiple M8 x 1.25 x 20 mm long. I can't see 1 mm making that much of a difference.

And multiple M8 x 1.25 U-Nuts/Speed Nut (No Slip, Clip On Nuts is what McMaster Carr calls them, if that is what you're talking about)

Sometimes you have to analyze what will work vs. matching exactly what Ford used. :thumbsup:
Yes the M8 x 1.25 are fairly common. That's what I used for my trunk shock mounting hardware and 1mm isn't going to hurt you either way.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I looked at fastenal...I couldn't find what I was looking for...link?
I think the links are session unique so I can't just link to them.
From the main site, I clicked on Bolts, Cap Screws & Bolts. Select Diameter M8
From the main site, select Nuts, "Spring Nuts"

-g

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
You can get all of that stuff at Ace Hardware. I get all of my U nuts there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts