TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Yall,

After having my car broken into today and havin most of my **** taken except for the subwoofers, when I get all my new stuff, it will be bolted down. How do yall guys have yours down where they cant be stolen.

Im going to have a steel cord bolted inside of the box to where if somebody tried to take out the subwoofer, they couldnt rip it out. And also, I will have another steel cord bolted to the back of the box, running down to that hook under the tire.

The new 2000w amp Im getting will be bolted onto the back of the box, bolted through the box, to where u cannot get it off unless u take it off on the inside of the box.

Now, for the cd player, im not all so sure about. I need there to be something to where It cannot be ripped out. Like another steel cord running from the back of it.

Somebody know what type of cord I need to get and everything?

Thanks for any ideas

Corey

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
What sucks is that if the thief really wants it, he will either get it, or total destroy what their trying to get and/or everything around it. First thing I would do is get an alarm like you were talking about in your other thread. It may not keep them out, but if it has a nice loud siren, they most likely wont stick around to long to get much if anything out of your car. Another thing you should think about doing is making sure everything is out of sight and dont play your music loud in bad parts of town or in parking lots AT ALL since most of the time thats where it happens. Good luck.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Aaron K. said:
What sucks is that if the thief really wants it, he will either get it, or total destroy what their trying to get and/or everything around it. First thing I would do is get an alarm like you were talking about in your other thread. It may not keep them out, but if it has a nice loud siren, they most likely wont stick around to long to get much if anything out of your car. Another thing you should think about doing is making sure everything is out of sight and dont play your music loud in bad parts of town or in parking lots AT ALL since most of the time thats where it happens. Good luck.
I totally agree with you. First, just don't leave things laying around, nothing to see usually means nothing to steal. My friend's car is a virtual second house, I'm surprised he hasn't gotten taken, it's just not smart. Second, just get an alarm that like Aaron said is loud and hopefully has some visible lights. That way you get a visual deterrant right away, and then for anyone who still breaks in there's a loud alarm to attract attention and likely scare them off.

I wonder about some alarms though. Take lexus for example. I was at my gf's place in Jersey one time and we went to the Olive Garden. While we were eating someone jacked off the passenger door handle of her dad's GS400, but only the back half with the lock. got in the car, stole his cell phone, threw his stuff around, and aparently took the lexus book (looking for valet keys???). I'm pretty sure the alarm didn't go off (or maybe it did, and that's why only that stuff was missing). Now maybe i'm wrong, but i figure an car alarm going off right near the entrance of a resturant would somehow alert the staff, and hopefully they'd make an announcement. maybe that's just me assuming (Jersians don't apply when it comes to logic)....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts