TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. As some of you know I'm working on swapping a 3.8 SC into my $50 project car. However the engine I acquired was and still is missing many parts. Most of them at this point it hardware, nuts and bolts. It's like a giant jigsaw puzzle. I'm looking for information on length and pitch of the top end components. Since places like fastenal and the junkyard are cheaper then the ford dealership I'm looking for any information I can get my hands on.

Obviously if I can find an SC at the junkyard I'll grab all the hardware from it, however since the top end are often robbed long before I get to them (typically the same day the car is released to the scavengers) it's unlikely I'll find one to get hardware only from and if I do it will be on the ground to sift through.

Here's a few I'd appreciate any information on. ( ) is the number of bolts fastening them together. Also if I'm using any incorrect terminology I'd appreciate the corrections as well.

Supercharger to inlet (4)
Supercharger body to intake manifold (3)
Outlet plenum to intake manifold (3)
Supercharger to outlet top (4)
Throttle body to inlet plenum (4)

Of course anyone willing to provide any addition information such as accessory brackets bolts, etc... I'll take that as well.

Thanks everyone,
Chris

·
Super Moderator
7,666 Posts
Let me do some searching through my garage, but I might have all those bolts that I could send you.

·
Registered
570 Posts

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This thread I started on SCCoA has the specs for most of the bolts that you're asking about.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110277
I see you've out done yourself once again. I wish I had the cash for some of that however I'll settle with same quality or slightly better then original. No need to go overboard on this project right away. Maybe a few years done the road. Thanks for the length info though.

Let me do some searching through my garage, but I might have all those bolts that I could send you.
Let me know what you find. It would be very helpful if you had them. :D

·
Registered
652 Posts
I just saw this. Im in the process of tearing down the whole top end apart to replace the HGs on my 94 SC.....but im a little confused on what bolts you need....

Supercharger to inlet (4)= the 4 bolts that bolt the "inlet plenum" to the back of the supercharger?

Supercharger body to intake manifold (3) = the 3 bolts that bolt the blower to the intake(got that)

Outlet plenum to intake manifold (3) = the 3 bolts that bolt the "intake plenum" to the intake itself. sits behind the blower?

Supercharger to outlet top (4) = 4 bolts that hold down the "top" to the top of the supercharger?

Throttle body to inlet plenum (4) = i got this. these are not bolts, they are studs with nuts. im sure a correct length bolt work, just make sure you bolt the TB to the inlet plenum BEFORE you install the blower on the car.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just saw this. Im in the process of tearing down the whole top end apart to replace the HGs on my 94 SC.....but im a little confused on what bolts you need....

Supercharger to inlet (4)= the 4 bolts that bolt the "inlet plenum" to the back of the supercharger? Yes

Supercharger body to intake manifold (3) = the 3 bolts that bolt the blower to the intake(got that)

Outlet plenum to intake manifold (3) = the 3 bolts that bolt the "intake plenum" to the intake itself. sits behind the blower? Yes

Supercharger to outlet top (4) = 4 bolts that hold down the "top" to the top of the supercharger? Yes

Throttle body to inlet plenum (4) = i got this. these are not bolts, they are studs with nuts. im sure a correct length bolt work, just make sure you bolt the TB to the inlet plenum BEFORE you install the blower on the car. My inlet with EGR I just bought has studs, the other one I have just has holes. For the time being it will be no EGR, but eventually it will have one
Thanks for your help.

·
Super Moderator
7,666 Posts
Chris, I took a look and all I could find was the 3 bolts for the return plenum and I have the studs for the throttle body, but not the nuts for it. Also, the bolts for the inlet plenum and blower top are the same as for the return plenum, so that may help you to track the rest down. PM me your address and I'll drop them in the mail to you.

·
Registered
817 Posts
What are some good replacement headgaskets for the SC's. I blew two sets on my old one and im in the market for a 94-95 SC now so I know this problem will come up again.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
MLS and ARP studs.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
MLS and ARP studs.
Head studs at bare minimum. Honestly headgaskets are a chore but not as bad as people make it out to be. What has to be done to convert to the MLS head gasket and what vehicle do you order it for since they are different.

I have the 3 stock blower to manifold bolts, if you end up needing them.
PM sent

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I've heard of guys doing nothing but should have a 20 RA finish on heads and deck. I may thinking wrong on the RA finish but I know its in that range.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts