TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey..if you want to see some t-bird action...check out die another day. just got back from seeing it. pretty good if you ask me. anyway, just thought i would let you guys know.

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
How much involvement did the T-Bird have in the movie? I've seen the commercial for the Limited Edition 007 Thunderbird but I don't ever see one in the movie previews.

-Andy "Melon"

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not that much, but halle berry drives one (its a new one, obviously). I could be wrong, as I'm not too good with older cars, but i think that bond might drive an older t-bird for a few minutes as well. again, not sure on that one. there are some nice other cars however (aston martin, jaguar)

·
Registered
90 Posts
helle berry dives the t-bird for about 5 seconds in the movie. The t-birde tbird is not involved at all on the chase sceen!! I liked the movie though!!

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
It wasn't about the fact of it being a V12, it was a matter of space. Thank of allthe gadgets they had to fit behind the grill. they didn't have enough room with the V12 inthere, so they swapped it out for a V8 for the sake of space.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
the v12 is nothing more than two 3.0 dohcs put together. i go to this thing at ford once a month, its a science and tech seminar thing for high school students who wasnt to pursue engineering, and they had a head from the v12 there. that thing is long, but rather light too. i was talking to the engineer, and he worked on its design and said it has the same bore and stroke as the 3.0, just twice the cylinders. -greg

·
Registered
461 Posts
Agree about the cars but..

Am I the only one who feels very very dissapointed with their $8.25? (or whatever you pay)? The car scenes were the only exciting part in the movie, and the rest was a bore. Not to mention the fact that apparently aston martins can ram through feet of solid ice without taking so much as a scratch to the paint job. Also I love the whole convertible with guns idea. Drive around getting shot at while your head and upper body is completely exposed, yet the rest of the car is bullet proof. Kinda poorly thought out. Oh well bond movies have went downhill as of late. That's the last time I go to the movies. End of rant. :D

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Re: Agree about the cars but..

Pointman said:
Am I the only one who feels very very dissapointed with their $8.25? (or whatever you pay)? The car scenes were the only exciting part in the movie, and the rest was a bore. Not to mention the fact that apparently aston martins can ram through feet of solid ice without taking so much as a scratch to the paint job. Also I love the whole convertible with guns idea. Drive around getting shot at while your head and upper body is completely exposed, yet the rest of the car is bullet proof. Kinda poorly thought out. Oh well bond movies have went downhill as of late. That's the last time I go to the movies. End of rant. :D
How many Bond movies have you watched? They're ALL like that! Like the ever famous Lotus that turns into a submarine?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Agree about the cars but..

Pointman said:
yeah..but it's a movie..i mean come on, how many movies have you seen that actually are realistic?

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Saving Private Ryan, We Were Soldiers, Black Hawk Down, those are the few and far between somewhat realistic movies...

·
Registered
935 Posts
I thought that Die Another Day was a darn good movie and it had everything that makes Bond Movies what they are, hot chicks, weapons, and fast cars. Saying that it wasn't real enough...well name a movie now days that really is...plus it was a bond movie for godsakes! I thought this movie had one of the best intros of the previous bonds and seeing all the ford products made it even more enjoyable.

Only disapointment this time was the fact that Q had pasted and he really didn't have good devices like usual.

I guess you have to know what makes a Bond movie before you can determine if it was good or not. I've been watching my collection of bonds and I must say it is right up there with the others.

-Tim

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
I love Bond movies. But I prefer the Bond books. TNT was having a multiple day James Bond movie marathon over Thanksgiving holiday, so I was glued to TNT when I wasn't out cruising. :)

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Wanna dig up an old thread?? :D:D:D

I put this here because I saw no need to start a NEW thread on drivel such as this. (Can you tell I'm bored?):D

I'm curious, who is everyones favorite "Bond girl", why, and what if your favorite Bond Girls name?

I like Miss Goodnight from "The Man with the Golden Gun". No reason, and I may change my mind after reading a few responses. The greatest name has got to be "***** Galore". (She was almost called "Kitty Galore" as the producers feared that "***** Galore" was to... errrr..... suggestive)

http://www.mi6.co.uk/sections/girls/index.php3

1 - 20 of 28 Posts