TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
The hose probably popped off the back off the guage. You need to pull the guage cluster and make sure it's still connected.

Steve

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now im really concerned.....my car will not idle very long it dies......when i come to a stop sign it dies before i can put it in first!!! HELP

·
Registered
61 Posts
Did you check the boost line in the 2 places that were recommended? That would cause the problems you are explaining.

Steve

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol even quicker q.........does the upshift light actually work?

Mine never lights up when driving only when starting

·
Registered
61 Posts
that would cause the no read on the gauge and the stall?

Yes it would, the guage has no reference and it causes a vacuum leak when disconnected.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
that would cause the no read on the gauge and the stall?

Yes it would, the guage has no reference and it causes a vacuum leak when disconnected.
Like he said.

And there is a shift light???

·
Registered
180 Posts
If you wind the engine up to high the shift light will come on.If memory serves me right mine comes on anytime I go over 5000rpms...............Dan

·
Registered
61 Posts
Glad to hear you got it fixed

Steve

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol this may sound stupid but I want my supercharger to be louder.... I read earlier that you can weld the sound ports shut to kill the whine......but I wanna go opposite with it

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
lol this may sound stupid but I want my supercharger to be louder.... I read earlier that you can weld the sound ports shut to kill the whine......but I wanna go opposite with it
Closing the sound ports makes it louder, not quieter. Easiest way to get more supercharger whine is to change to a cold air intake that uses a steel or aluminum pipe.

David

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I need to ask another q....I hear a loud knock coming from my engine on hard acceleration, kinda sounds like my lifters but it doesnt do it at idle.....My dad said something about the throw out bearing but thought id ask on here too.....oh and does anyone know where i can find a set of bolts that holds the supercharger top on.....someone replaced mine and there is a leak around the top now.

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
If theres a vac leak around the blower top - pull it off and reseal it with Copper RTV or a good gasket if you can find one. New bolts may help, but won't totally cure the problem.

If you want to make the blower whine more noticeable, replace the stock rubber intake tube with an aluminum one. It will definiately be noticeable after that.

Loud knock could be a bearing maybe? I remember a knock when the bearing went out on my dad's 94 SC.

-Melon

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think my cat is rattling......man this car is bein a real pain...lol.....Would the cat cause my car to overheat or die if its clogged? cause its been doin that lately.....I've also noticed a huge reduction in power....but i cant afford to get all new cats!!! what to do???

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yes the cats being plugged and breaking up will defanitely do that. My 4.6 did that too. I would check the prices on high flow cats. they are cheaper than you think. I took mine to a muffler shop, had 2 new cats and mufflers put on for just over $300

1 - 20 of 22 Posts