TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, after having my current exhaust set-up a little while, I'm looking for something new. Currently I have 2.5" duals, H pipe, no third cat, going into 2 Turbo mufflers. I love the tone these mufflers put off, it's a loopy deep growl much like dynomax's. They are too quiet for my tastes though. Basically I want to replace my mufflers with something louder that will keep the drone way down. A stock system with no mufflers had too much drone! I want to keep the price down so here a my current choices.

Moroso Spiral flow - 50 bucks

Dynomax magnum race blluets - 30

Raven mufflers - Local shop has these 200 CDN installed.

Anyways, I'm looking for the cheapest alternative and want to get em ASAP. Whats your opinion on what I should do.

Sorry for another exhaust thread but I'm stumped :(

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Ravin's suck, a friend of mine had one put on his Firebird, and it was as quiet as stock. They also had a cut muffler in the shop, and the design is terrible, very restrictive.

·
Registered
291 Posts
hmm my Z33 ravins sound great and I picked up 8 HP,6 LB.Ft (dynojet dyno) over the flowmaster 40 series I had on the car.
Now I know that on any different day the same car can and will get different dyno readings but the fact that they didn't LOOSE power and sound better than flows. say enough for me.
Also they have lived up to 4 years of salt and sand on Northern roads. which the flows were roten after 2 winters.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I've heard a few cars with Ravens, I think they sound pretty good. I'm pretty interested in the Moroso's. I've heard they reduce drone quite a bit. Anyone ever heard or seen em? Is it possible to have low cabin drone with alot of sound?

·
Registered
480 Posts
I’ve looked at the underside of my car lately.. MY pipe system looks pretty rusty. I haven’t replaced any part of the system since i got the car 3.5 years ago. I was thinking about getting something with a little more growl when I did end up doing it. I wanted something that sounded something like the mustangs (gts?). Tho ive not been sure about this because I also like how quiet my cab is and im not sure exactly how loud something like that would make the car.

Im also concerned about performance. Ive been told before that the stocks are pretty restrictive in order to keep the car as quiet as possible, but this also reduces the cars power?? (not sure of this is true)

Power is nice and all, but im more concerned with Fuel Econ. So as long as whatever I do wont lower the fuel econ of the car while giving more power, im willing to look into it.

Anyway... Can you guys recommend anything like what im looking for and prices on them?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys, looking at that chart I might check out some Magnaflows. I was toying with my exhaust today and after my turbo muffler theres 4" of 2.5" tubing directing the exhaust out past the rear bumper. There was like a 45 deg bend in this pipe. Anyways, I took the sawzall and cut about 3" off this so pretty much the exhaust now goes straight out of the mufflers. Anyways, I found it got quite louder in the cabin, is there any chance it got louder outside as well by just removing those tips?

Also if I added some big tips, like dual 3.5" oval's would that do anything for sound, thanks.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
a bigger tip could make it sound more buzzy. the reason it got louder int he cabin is because now some sound is bouncing off the inside of your rear bumper. putting the pipes below and/or past the bumper reduces cabin noise noticably.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I am running a set of Dynomax Ultraflow Bullets on mine with an H pipe and no cats. It rocks!

I put turn downs on it pointed at 45 degrees to the side since this picture was taken. I will run them out as side exits after I have the subframe connectors made. The down side of them with a radical cam, is it scares off all the competition :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts