TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in the borla cat-back for our cars, but I can't seem to find any pics or specs anywhere. Evey dealer shows a pic that 'actual product may differ' Anybody have these? I'd like to know the diameters, as well as if the Y is before or after the differential. I'd also like to see a pic of the intercooled tips on the car before buying. thanks.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I'm assuming its going to be very close to the dynomax catback setup. Personally for $800 you can make your own for way way less. Just throwing that out there for ya :)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Look under your car, and imagine a similar path with less extreme bends and aluminum pipe.
Honestly, just buy the borla mufflers on Ebay, and have a local exhaust shop do your pipes.
It cost me....... $280 out the door with running true duals 2.25" with borla mufflers (which I supplied) and tips (shop supplied), all custom bends.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, money isn't really a problem, and the Borla is all stainless unlike the other kits, and I can't seem to find a good local shop with a mandrel machine. All I'm asking for here is some info I can't find on other sites (including the manufacturer's and dealer's.)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Well if you want mandrel bent and stainless, get a hold of an ART exhaust system.
But if you have a stock motor, 2.25" true duals is all you will ever need.
Why Stainless? Your car will last longer than the aluminized (standard) piping.
Plus, if you ever want to change it...do you really want to invest $1500 into an exhaust system using stainless? You could buy a DOHC motor and install it for that price.

I just don't want you to waste any money.
If you plan on lots of mods, then get 2.5" compression bent, should flow the same or a little better than 2.25" mandrel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts